Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Sometimes when I search for a contact on the today screen, the results show a bunch of duplicates. When I go to one of the duplicates, the real one shows. This happens frequently. It's acting like a virus in a way.

Anybody else have something similar???
    Are there duplicates in the "contacts" program? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

BTW- Batman wasn't really "hidden." He just changed his personna to the everyday world- Bruce Wayne. His IDENTITY was hidden, but I don't think HE was hidden. And why bring him up? It's not his fault you have duplicates on your today screen. We should show a little more respect for someone who dresses up in black tights and protects us from the dangerous villians of the night. He doesn't even get paid to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Are there duplicates in the "contacts" program? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

BTW- Batman wasn't really "hidden." He just changed his personna to the everyday world- Bruce Wayne. His IDENTITY was hidden, but I don't think HE was hidden. And why bring him up? It's not his fault you have duplicates on your today screen. We should show a little more respect for someone who dresses up in black tights and protects us from the dangerous villians of the night. He doesn't even get paid to do it!
    Actually Batman is quite well trained in the ways of ninja type stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Actually Batman is quite well trained in the ways of ninja type stealth.

Yes he is trained in it, but does he actually practice it? That is the issue at hand!

It's not his fault you have duplicates on your today screen.
    But how do you know that for sure? Maybe it is Batman putting duplicates on his today screen. If Batman is as stealthy as they say he is, then he could very well have slipped into CRSO's Treo and put duplicate contacts in his today screen....
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Guys Guys Guys, we all know Batman would rather be hidden than fighting evil crime in Gotham because he is such a private person (well Batperson).

Batman is a ninja also and has been recently been seen practicing it. I did actually catch him in my Treo but he was messing around with my tasks and not the contacts... When I went to erase him while holding down my stylus, he got out his sword and chopped off the tip after roundhouse kicking yesterday's reminder to hire midgets for my 8 year old cousin's birthday.

I have also been trained in the art of Ninja ever since seeing "Enter The Ninja" starring Franco Nero in 1981.

Seriously though, you think it's just a bug? No dupes are created but when I'm looking for a contact and I type in say my friend Ronald Sphinchterstein, I'll get say 5 Ronald Sphincterstein's and there is only 1 real Ronald Sphincterstein. The rest are other contacts such as Jimmy Leavittrod and Nicky The Bat. I have to guess which Ronald Sphinchterstein to select to get Nicky The Bat and I end up calling Joey Two-Time. You know what I mean?
    How many numbers do you have for Ronald Spinterstein? It may possibly be showing 5 entries because you may have 5 numbers for him?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    How many numbers do you have for Ronald Spinterstein? It may possibly be showing 5 entries because you may have 5 numbers for him?
    Just one. You know how all the numbers come up for a single entry (home, mobile, etc)? Well I'll get a few. IE Jim Jones has 3 different #'s, i'll see Jim Jones say 5 times with all numbers listed and I just typed in Jim. If I call the second one, it may REALLY be Jim Johnson, the third may be Jim Morrison, etc even though they all say Jim Jones.

It isn't every time but enough to aggrivate the hell out of me...
    I can't say for certain (but I am sure Bruce Wayne could) but I know with some other WM devices, smartdial looks in 2 places, the call log AND your contacts database. Never found that to be the case with the treo, but I never really looked. Try a number that you NEVER call, and see if it happens. Then try with ones that are in your call log, etc etc