Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks! Should I wait for a 4 GB mini SD to come out or is there no point? Does the 750 even work with a 4 GB mini SD card?
  2. #2  
    According to the memory folks that I talked to at CES, there will be no 4GB Mini-SD card that will not be SDHC. In effect, chances are that the 750 will not support it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response! That stinks though. Oh well, guess it's time to get a 2 GB card then!
  4. #4  
    I'm using a 4GB card that I bought from MobyMemory - No problems so far (apart from the standard "Treo forgets it has a SD card")

    I've yet to fill it up, but windows report 4GB free
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by derosnec View Post
    I'm using a 4GB card that I bought from MobyMemory - No problems so far (apart from the standard "Treo forgets it has a SD card")

    I've yet to fill it up, but windows report 4GB free

    Is that a transcend 4gb card that you are using?
    gonna have to search for the "treo forgets it has a sd card" issue...
  6. #6  
    Some guy over at xda has success with a no-brand (samsung) 4gb sd card from eBay.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289409
  7. #7  
    I ended up purchasing the above referenced 4GB miniSD card from eBay. I got it in the mail today. Stuck it in my 750 and sure enough it works as advertised. I installed 20MB of stuff and I have 3.8GB available. Definitely worth the $55 I spent on it.
  8. #8  
    Yeah I got 3 of them from ebay from grassrootscomputer I think the user was. They are great so far. I used it with the adapter recently in my camera for my vacation in Japan, I had room for like 4,000 pictures.


    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I ended up purchasing the above referenced 4GB miniSD card from eBay. I got it in the mail today. Stuck it in my 750 and sure enough it works as advertised. I installed 20MB of stuff and I have 3.8GB available. Definitely worth the $55 I spent on it.
  9. Big Ed's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #9  
    I bought the Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card from Newegg.
    It doesn't work, the Treo 750 doesn't see it. I realize its SDHC but it looks like people have been having luck with some of the SDHC cards - not this one.

    Have a 4GB OEM Samsung on order from ebay, will report what happens there.
  10. #10  
    If you got the one from ebay from grassrootscomputer I am pretty sure it will work, they do for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    I bought the Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card from Newegg.
    It doesn't work, the Treo 750 doesn't see it. I realize its SDHC but it looks like people have been having luck with some of the SDHC cards - not this one.

    Have a 4GB OEM Samsung on order from ebay, will report what happens there.
  11. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Microcosmos View Post
    Hi folks! Should I wait for a 4 GB mini SD to come out or is there no point? Does the 750 even work with a 4 GB mini SD card?
    I use my 750 with a 4GB miniSD card with no problems.
  12. #12  
    Does the treo see 4MB of memory? Is the 750 able to use 4MBs of the card? Or are you all just saying that the treo will recognize a 4MB card that it can only use 2MBs of?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I use my 750 with a 4GB miniSD card with no problems.
    Although we love to hear that this is working for you, wouldn't it be just a little cooler if you told us the brand and where you got it?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Does the treo see 4MB of memory? Is the 750 able to use 4MBs of the card? Or are you all just saying that the treo will recognize a 4MB card that it can only use 2MBs of?
    I am using an unbranded 4GB mini SD card from Moby Memory (came bundled with a free card reader). My 750v can see all 4GB.
  15. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #15  
    Does it really matter what size the card is if the 750 doesn't even know the card is there?
  16. #16  
    I switched to a 2GB Sandisk last week and have had ZERO problems with it. I'll have a replacement for my 4GB (it died after 2 days) and will see how the 750 does with it once I get it. But for me, the 2GB is rock stable and hasn't disappeared yet.
  17. #17  
    Does anyone know if the Treo 755Pm will work with a 4GB mini SDHC card, or is 2 GB the limit? Also, is the micro sd smaller then the mini, or what is the difference, eg, can a treo 755p use a micro sd card or is a special adapter required, I know there is probably already a thread on this but my search has not been successful, thanks
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2 View Post
    , I know there is probably already a thread on this but my search has not been successful, thanks
    Because you're not in the 755p forum?

    I'm sure you'll have better luck there
  19. #19  
    hmm, guess i was sleeping when I asked the question, looked all over for a 755p forum, couldnt find it, now, I see it right there in front of my beady eyes

  20. #20  
    Yeah, it looks like the SDHC cards won't be seen by the Treo 750 (I have a WM5). I tried one and it doesn't even detect it. Maybe I'll have to look for these non-branded non SDHC cards
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions