Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I went from Treo 680 to Treo 750 both paired fine on my Mercedes S550, the problem that I'm having with the 750 is when I used the Dial Pad of the car to punch in numbers during a call, for example punching my voicemail PIN number, the Touch tone keeps beeping for 15 seconds, and it's very annoying. Does anyone know how to reduce or shorten the touch tone? It doesn't do this at all when paired with the Treo 680, or My girlfriends Treo 700p.
    If I use the keys on the Treo 750 it is fine, but I would rather use the cars dialpad.

Thanks
    Sorry don't have a solution for this but my BMW 540 2001 did exactley the same thing.....It's just so loud !!!
    What equipment do you use to connect the 750 to your merc. I can;t find any one in Australia who can tell me what I can use to connect my 750 to my 2007 ML 320.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I went from Treo 680 to Treo 750 both paired fine on my Mercedes S550, the problem that I'm having with the 750 is when I used the Dial Pad of the car to punch in numbers during a call, for example punching my voicemail PIN number, the Touch tone keeps beeping for 15 seconds, and it's very annoying. Does anyone know how to reduce or shorten the touch tone? It doesn't do this at all when paired with the Treo 680, or My girlfriends Treo 700p.
    If I use the keys on the Treo 750 it is fine, but I would rather use the cars dialpad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philst View Post
    What equipment do you use to connect the 750 to your merc. I can;t find any one in Australia who can tell me what I can use to connect my 750 to my 2007 ML 320.
    Check out this auction for the product http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OEM-MERCEDES...QQcmdZViewItem

Works grat in my S550, but also have the problems with long tones therefore use my handset and not the built-in. Besides that pairs and works fine.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    Short answer--use the dialpad on the Treo itself. Bluetooth is shaky at best with car kits and the WM5 Treo's--something to do with the bluetooth stack not being WM5 but 3rd party.

I only dial from my Treo but have had good success picking names that appear in the car kit name directory. Also if answering a call with call waiting you should use the Treo too.

Just be thankful you can hear through your car. This is more than Palm or Merc will tell you to expect.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    You can do your dialing from the car dialpad, it is only after the call is connected that you have to use the Treo itself.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v