Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    One of the primary reasons I stepped up from the 650 to the 750 was the assurance that it was able to do more.

    One of those "more" things was talk on the cell phone WHILE accessing the internet.

    Perhaps I'm crazy but I thought that was one of the things that everybody was talking about.

    Listening to NPR in the morning but not worrying about being out of touch because your could take a call if one came in.
  2. #2  
    Is there a question in there? I can watch TV for hours, and it always mutes when I get a call, then resumes after I hang up. Are you not able to do this? I don't understand your point...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    One of the primary reasons I stepped up from the 650 to the 750 was the assurance that it was able to do more.

    One of those "more" things was talk on the cell phone WHILE accessing the internet.

    Perhaps I'm crazy but I thought that was one of the things that everybody was talking about.

    Listening to NPR in the morning but not worrying about being out of touch because your could take a call if one came in.
    I believe this is a function of UTMS/HSPDA more then the actual Treo. If you are in a UTMS area, you should be able to talk on the phone while getting data. If you are in the GPRS/EDGE area you can not talk on the phone and use data. Its a function of the network.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    I believe this is a function of UTMS/HSPDA more then the actual Treo. If you are in a UTMS area, you should be able to talk on the phone while getting data. If you are in the GPRS/EDGE area you can not talk on the phone and use data. Its a function of the network.
    Yes that is correct, it's UMTS/HSPDA.

    Some people will get confused when they are driving, talking and then notice that their email didn't come through while they were talking - this will probably be because they went from UMTS to GPRS/GSM while driving. The phone does an amazingly good job of handing off between UMTS to GPRS/GSM without losing the call.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  5.    #5  
    How does one tell when they are on the UMTS network vs the HSPDA network?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    How does one tell when they are on the UMTS network vs the HSPDA network?
    Do a speed test at DSLReports.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)

Posting Permissions