Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok,who has figured out how to do it?
    I have my code. Directions are to press green key, * # * # unlockcode #
    Does not work.When you press green key, it takes you back to windows screen. Any help here?
    Did you follow the instruction well? You should do it in the phone application, then input the code serial.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #3  
    Please explain. Do you mean open the Dial pad? Tried that.
    Search for a similar thread in the 680 area...the solution is there.
  5.    #5  
    I unlocked my 680.The procedure is different for the 750.The directions you get from Cingular do not work.
    Ahhhh...you MUST follow directions if you ask for help, dude!!!
    If you search for the thread in the 680 area, you would have seen this

1.- Insert a non Cingular SIM card into phone.
    2.- Wait until the phone boots completely and turn on the handset by pressing the Red button for 2 seconds. It will say "SIM Card not Allowed" or something like that.
    3.- Input *#*#CODE# and press the Green dial button. CODE is the 8 digit unlock code you were sent. It should say something like "SIM lock has been removed from this handset". Your phone is unlocked!

TRY IT NOW THAT I'VE DONE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU....AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CLOSELY!!!
    The Treo 680 & Treo 750 do not use the same unlocking method, mainly because they are running two different operating systems. A pocket pc phone can be unlocked just by inserting a NON-Cingular sim and entering the unlock code when prompted. A Treo 600/650/680 will never prompt for an unlock code
    Quote Originally Posted by treowolf View Post
    Ahhhh...you MUST follow directions if you ask for help, dude!!!
    CODE is the 8 digit unlock code you were sent. It should say something like "SIM lock has been removed from this handset". Your phone is unlocked!

TRY IT NOW THAT I'VE DONE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU....AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CLOSELY!!!
    Where can I get the CODE? TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can get it from Cingular, maybe. Otherwise you need to find a service that will supply it to you based on your EIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    You can get it from Cingular, maybe. Otherwise you need to find a service that will supply it to you based on your EIN.
    is it free from cingular ?....................
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    you mean IMEI number... and it's free from Cingular if you've been a customer in good standing for 3+ months...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, sorry, IMEI. I'm still irked that Cingular won't provide unlock codes for phones locked to AT&T Wireless, but I paid my $15 (to unlock my 650) and got over that.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I tried both methods and neither of them work so the only thing I can think of is that cingular gave me the wrong unlock code. I did notice that the IMEI number that is on the back of the phone under the battery and the one that you get when you press *#06# are slightly different. The one that the shows up by pressing *#06# has 2 additional digits at the end of the IMEI number.
    Can anyone provide a link to a service that definitely DOES have a subsidy unlock code for the 750c (not the 750v)?
    Think First, ask questions later!
    It is free from Cingular, I would suggest getting it from them. Make sure that you give them the IMEI number that is displayed by the phone as maybe the one on the box might be different. If you insist on paying someone on Ebay to get it, I would suggest doing a search and then going with the Seller that has the highest rating so you can be as safe as you can be.

Good luck.
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    that subsidy unlock procedure sucks don't work. I put in a tmobile sim and enter code worked like a charm. Althought cingular gave me the wrong unlock code the first time. I had to call in again and lady said there is two showing and here is the other. The second one works. Now it's unlocked and works with friends tmobile sim.
    does every phone (of the same model) have a different unlock code?

btw. If they won't tell you the code and you know it's a 8 digit number just start with 00000000 then 00000001....etc until you get to 99999999. you will get it eventually.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
    does every phone (of the same model) have a different unlock code?

btw. If they won't tell you the code and you know it's a 8 digit number just start with 00000000 then 00000001....etc until you get to 99999999. you will get it eventually.
    Every phone has a unique code. I believe you can only enter the code 5 times before it locks to Cingular forever.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The unlock code is derived from the IMEI and the carrier code according to a secret algorithm.
    Correct on both counts. Each phone has a specific code that is keyed to it's IMEI number. These services have the encryption key that will produce the unlock code once they input your IMEI number. It's really very easy and simple, you just have to know the encryption key and have the software to output the unlock key.

And yes, the Cingular model will lock itself to Cingular forever should you fail 5 times to input the correct subsidy unlock code. Not sure if the Vodaphone works the same way.

It would be interesting to find out if some of these services that use hardware attached to the phone to unlock if they can remove a "permanent" lock to Cingular.
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast