1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700WX and I have a friend that has a Cingluar 8295 (?) both have Windows Mobile 5.0, but his device has the Transcribe feature, that allows him to type on the screen and it "transcribes" it into a word document. I know, I know...why would I want to do that when I have the keyboard...Well sometimes i can write faster than typing...Thanks.
    I am not very familiar with the transcriber feature built in WM5. I have a 700wx from Sprint and I saw no evidence of this. I use Calligrapher 8.4 from www.phatware.com which basically does the same thing. You write on the touch screen in cursive or print or whatever and it "transcribes" it into text. You can use it in most of your applications, e-mail, Word, etc... I find it to be pretty darned accurate too.

I am coming over from a bberry and the keyboard on the Treo seems a wee bit smaller plus I have a bad case of bberry thumb so this is heaven-sent for me. They have a trial available on handango. Give it a try.
    The treo has this built in... on the bottom middle of the screen you see a keyboard icon, click to the right of it and you will find what you are looking for.