Amazing price, but are you sure this is the same Treo750 Cingular is offering? Amazon says this weighs a whopping 6.2 pounds!!!

Dimensions

* Size (LWH): 4.41 inches, 2.36 inches, 0.87 inches
    * Weight: 6.2 pounds

Product Features

* Network Compatibility: GSM
    * Minimum Rated Talk Time: 150 minutes
    * Minimum Rated Standby Time: 60 hours
    * Battery Type: Lithium Ion
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  2.    #3  
    [QUOTE=seaflipper;1170084]Amazing price, but are you sure this is the same Treo750 Cingular is offering? Amazon says this weighs a whopping 6.2 pounds!!!

Yea its the same 750 for Cingular, Amazon made the same typo a month ago when they had the 750 for pre sale. I believe its supposed to be 6.2 ounces.
    i am eligible for an upgrade on cingular. Can i get it at this price without having to change my plan?

i am thinking about getting a blackjack or 750

When the say new non-subsitute line of service, does that mean you CANNOT port your number over if you have an account with Verizon?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ok, so my question is...if I get the PDA Connect plan and get the 750 for $99, then cancel PDA Connect after a month but keep my phone plan, do I violate the terms of the Amazon offer and therefor have to pay the $250 fee?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Ok, so my question is...if I get the PDA Connect plan and get the 750 for $99, then cancel PDA Connect after a month but keep my phone plan, do I violate the terms of the Amazon offer and therefor have to pay the $250 fee?
    My understanding of the rebate means that you would violate the rebate offer and have to give back the $250.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    You can do whatever you want - only after 181 days.

This is cut-and-paste from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_3772812_1/103-5494094-0174248?ie=UTF8&docId=1173901:

By accepting this equipment discount, you agree that for a period of 181 days after your new line of service is activated, you

1. will pay your balance due to Cingular each month;
    2. will not disconnect this Cingular line of service;
    3. will not transfer this equipment to another Cingular line of service;
    4. will not transfer an existing phone number to this new line of service;
    5. will not change your Cingular service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate;
    6. will not use this new line of service to replace an existing account with Cingular.

If these conditions are not met, you herein agree to a $250 reimbursement to be paid to Amazon.com. This reimbursement of the $250 equipment discount will only be charged if the above conditions are not met.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    and it ships in 4-6 weeks.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ok, forgot about the 181 days, thanks for pointing that out> So it may benefit me to do it that way, I'll only be paying slightly more over the 3 months, but in the long run it's worth it!

Oh well, seemed too good to be true....This is the message I got at checkout.

" Important Message
    We're sorry. The item Cingular Nation 900 Rollover Minutes + palm Treo 750 Smartphone is no longer available from the seller you selected. We've moved it to the Saved Items section of your Shopping Cart. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."
    hmm, only family plans are listed for that deal and you have to order a 2nd phone.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Can't wait to see what kind of deal amazon has on the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream View Post
    Can't wait to see what kind of deal amazon has on the iphone.
    Apple has already put restrictions on any discounts on the phone. it should be the same price as they announced.
  13.    #14  
    I like this part on Amazon: Order now to get in line. First come, first served.