Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I used my 750 over the weekend, and so far it's maintained the connection to my car. Granted I no longer have Jetware installed, so my only contacts that show up in iDrive are the speed dials, but at least it's staying connected. I will continue to test it this week and see how things progress.

The battery life is atrocious though, compared to my 8525.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    I'm having problem with my 750 pairing with a 2005 BMW 325i, they seem to be sporadically so I'm not sure what's causing this
    I would delete the partnership and re-pair it with the car. If that doesn't work, hard reset the phone and see if that helps. I have been testing the 750 with my '06 M5 and so far it's working as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
    I would delete the partnership and re-pair it with the car. If that doesn't work, hard reset the phone and see if that helps. I have been testing the 750 with my '06 M5 and so far it's working as it should.
    McVaughan--I have the same car as you but whenever I get a call waiting notice it seems that if I ignroe it as soon as I hang up the car kit keeps ringing and whether I hit answer or ingore it keeps on ringing even though the phone is not ringing. My work around is to turn off and turn back on BT from the settings menu in the car.

Dialing by the iDrive controller does not always work--sometimes the first number I select just sends a constant tone.

Also, if I disconnect a call and redial another too quickly the BT doesn't always connect.

By the way I have jetware installed and I like seeing the signal stregth but not sure if this contributes to the issues above.
    Are you having either of these issues? None of these are huge issues and they beat using an earpiece but wish it worked better.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    McVaughan--I have the same car as you but whenever I get a call waiting notice it seems that if I ignroe it as soon as I hang up the car kit keeps ringing and whether I hit answer or ingore it keeps on ringing even though the phone is not ringing. My work around is to turn off and turn back on BT from the settings menu in the car.

Dialing by the iDrive controller does not always work--sometimes the first number I select just sends a constant tone.

Also, if I disconnect a call and redial another too quickly the BT doesn't always connect.

By the way I have jetware installed and I like seeing the signal stregth but not sure if this contributes to the issues above.
    Are you having either of these issues? None of these are huge issues and they beat using an earpiece but wish it worked better.
    Not sure about the ringing issue as I answer all my calls. I have heard of the ringing issue with other phones though, not just the Treo. Do you by chance know what CIP version your car is running? My car currently has 24.02.

I agree the signal strength meter is a nice thing to have, but I think Jetware may have been creating some instability with the connection. I would first try to maintain a stable connection without it. Deleting the partnership, removing Jetware (with soft resets in between uninstalling it) has proven to be effective in maintaining the connection.
    Not sure what CIP version I have but I will check. Is this something that should be able to be updraded if I don't have the most current?

As for removing Jetware I think I will leave alone as I can deal with the minor issues and would rather put up with them then risk all the bad pairings I had the first few weeks I owned the car.

I figure when MW6 comes out I will effectively be hard resetting my phone so I will try then.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    No, but I hear the latest version, V25, has much better iDrive performance, which might be better for connectivity. Only the dealer can check the version.

We've had some discussion about this over on the M5Board if you haven't already visited: www.m5board.com.
  7.    #107  
    I did the WM6 ROM upgrade for my TReo 750 and I thought it was rock solid with my Audi, until it started with the connect/disconnect issues all over again! I did notice when I did a clean Hard reset and then pair with the Audi it was rock soplid again. I believe the issue lies in "Speed Dial" icons. When I set up the speed dials, I used phone numbers from my phone not the SIM card! I think the disconnect issues happen from phone speed dials and not SIM speed dials. So I setup all my speed dials from the SIM and it is working!
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    I was 7 hours in the my 07 Audi Q7 yesterday and had a solid bluetooth connection all the time including being able to disconnect for a private conversation twice then it reconnected right back. I also get the signal strength on the Display.

I still only get contacts in the CarKit category transferring though, when I didn't have any contacts in this category the SpeedDials transferred across but as soon as I added some contacts to the CarKit category they vanished.

TBH I'm super pleased with.

Si
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Dr. B.,

Can you explain the WM6 ROM upgrade? Where did you get it? Is it beta or something more stable? I've been wrestling with my A8 and the BT implementation in the Treo 750 for six or eight months now. I finally got AT&T to take the Treo back, but I'd love to find a way to use the 750 since there are phone performance aspects that I really liked.
    do a search or try xda developers forum
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by foneil View Post
    Dr. B.,

Can you explain the WM6 ROM upgrade? Where did you get it? Is it beta or something more stable? I've been wrestling with my A8 and the BT implementation in the Treo 750 for six or eight months now. I finally got AT&T to take the Treo back, but I'd love to find a way to use the 750 since there are phone performance aspects that I really liked.
    I got the update from the XDA forum! It really is so much better than WM5. I feel the Treo 750 with WM6 is probably the best all-around PPC out there today!
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456