Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me how I can turn off the shutter sound on the 700wx when I take a pic. It sounds so damn annoying, especially when I am in a quiet place
    Replace the ShutterSound file in the windows directory with a silenced file.

I think a few years ago after there were some scandals about a bunch of perverts stealthily taking perv pictures in public places manufacturers made it harder to hide the fact you're taking a pic on you're phone.
    all u have to do is go into the registry and delete the information in the string for camera sound. no silent file needed

goto:
    HKLM\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\SoundFile

Under "String" it should say

\Windows\ShutterSound312.wav

Simply edit out this line and leave the string empty.

Exit the registry and do not soft reset for at least a couple of minutes to let the change write to ROM. No soft reset is needed for change to occur.
    Or, if you don't feel comfortable editing the registry, just slide the volume switch on the top to vibrate while you're waiting for the camera to load, then back when you're done. If you get in the habit of doing it, it's not a big deal, and you usually have at least a second or two before the camera's ready to take a picture anyway.

Low tech, but it'll get the job done.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Or, if you don't feel comfortable editing the registry, just slide the volume switch on the top to vibrate while you're waiting for the camera to load, then back when you're done. If you get in the habit of doing it, it's not a big deal, and you usually have at least a second or two before the camera's ready to take a picture anyway.

Low tech, but it'll get the job done.
    I like your idea the best, I will do that
    It's what I usually do. Like I said: simple, but it'll work every time. Enjoy.
    END OF LINE