Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is battery life better using the older network 1xRTT on Sprint Treo 700wx? If so can I force my Treo to use that network versus the EvDO network except when I need the higher speed?

I have followed almost all the battery suggestions I can find and I can't even get a full day out of my Treo with moderate usage. At the end of the commentary on iPhone post today, Ducker says:

Same deal. I think yesterday I put in 7 hours on my Treo covering macworld. 3 hours as a modem, 1 hour browsing the web, and 3 hours on the phone. Oh, and 143 text messages. I don't think the iPhone's going to be able to do that just yet.
    Umm..how?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Dont bother using 1x. Unless you are in an area that has a very low ev-do signal and makes your phone switch back and fourth between 1x and ev, don't change anything.

EV-DO, on relatively good signal should save you more battery than 1x.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronW1000 View Post
    Is battery life better using the older network 1xRTT on Sprint Treo 700wx? If so can I force my Treo to use that network versus the EvDO network except when I need the higher speed?

I have followed almost all the battery suggestions I can find and I can't even get a full day out of my Treo with moderate usage. At the end of the commentary on iPhone post today, Ducker says:

Same deal. I think yesterday I put in 7 hours on my Treo covering macworld. 3 hours as a modem, 1 hour browsing the web, and 3 hours on the phone. Oh, and 143 text messages. I don't think the iPhone's going to be able to do that just yet.
    Umm..how?

More than likely, Ducker is using a EXTRA CAP battery. The 3200 from Seidio.

Look into it, nothing but rave reviews.