1.    #1  
    My connection stay connected after checking mail. Is there an option or a tweak where I can set it to disconnect after checking mail?

And what is the different between a solid EV connection icon and a gary one?

Thanks.
    My connection stay connected after checking mail. Is there an option or a tweak where I can set it to disconnect after checking mail?

And what is the different between a solid EV connection icon and a gary one?

Thanks.
    Read this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...52&postcount=2

Solid EV - Data connection is active. ie, your phone is sending/receiving data
    Gray EV - Data connection is not active (passive mode)

The reason it goes passive is to save bettery life as by default you cannot disconnect the data connection unless you apply the tweak. Once the data connection is passive for about 4 hours (don't quote me on that number) , it will disconnect automatically.

Hope this helps.
    You dont want to disconnect from the network- at least in attempt to save battery. You will waste more of the phones energy re-connecting to the network when you do end up needing it.

A dormant connection (Connected but idle) use no battery at all.

As a matter of fact most people do whatever they can to keep the connection active.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2