1.    #1  
    Love my 700wx, although I have a simple gripe.
    When I recieve a new email (hotmail or Yahoo! Plus), I get a notification (which is good). When I do not read that email message right away it will continue to notify me of that new message every time it checks my email (every 5 minutes).
    I keep telling the phone " I heard you already, and I will check it soon"
    Any fix so that it will not keep notifying me of the same message over and over and just notify me of a new message once.
    Hope this was understandable.
    Thanks all!
  2.    #2  
    Nobody has any idea?
    You can mark the new message as read, (highlight the message, menu key, mark as read) Or use a program like Phone Alarm to control your notifications.
    iceberg - I was asking a similar question not long ago. I was wondering if there was any way to add more functionality to that right softkey. With SMS messages, you can delete, mark as read, dismiss, and call the sender. With email, dismiss or read. It seems so stupid that there wouldn't be the same options for any message through that notification.

However, this is the way it is, and when I posed the question, the answer I received from a lot of knowledgeable people around here is that it would take some serious programming to modify those commands. Since I'm no programmer, I gave up.

But I feel your pain.

The idea would be that you never have to leave your today screen to manage those messages. But all I usually do is dismiss, so it doesn't automatically open, and go into messaging and delete it or mark it read. Stinks, but eh, what are ya gonna do?
    END OF LINE
  5.    #5  
    There has to be registry change that can take care of this. I want to be notified about a new message. but only once. then if another comes through then I would expect another notifier. It just sucks that if I am busy and I dont read that email now it will continue to remind me. Even if I dismiss it, it re notifies me.
    I am going to send microsoft a email and see if they can help. not likely but worth some keystrokes.
    Well, the way I figure it, if the reg key exists to put that option in for SMS, why wouldn't it be able to work for email as well? It stands to reason that we could modify something to enable those controls, but as I said, I'm really not a programmer, nor am I a foremost expert in reg editing. I've done some things here and there, but not enough to justify something like this...

I may backup and start tinkering, though...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    Love my 700wx, although I have a simple gripe.
    When I recieve a new email (hotmail or Yahoo! Plus), I get a notification (which is good). When I do not read that email message right away it will continue to notify me of that new message every time it checks my email (every 5 minutes).
    I keep telling the phone " I heard you already, and I will check it soon"
    Any fix so that it will not keep notifying me of the same message over and over and just notify me of a new message once.
    Hope this was understandable.
    Thanks all!

On a contrary, in my case it would be nice if the repeating notification/sound described above works for Exchange Server Direct Push emails.

Sometimes I miss hearing the initial and the only sound notification of a newly arrived Exchange Server email. I find it would be helpful if Palm allows Treo users to configure sound notification to either repeat or not for the different email accounts.

Has anyone found a way to achieve this setting without loading a third party app. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA