1.    #1  
    I' am trying to make my own ringtones but whats the

average lenth for a custom ringtone?

thanks,
    no more than 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    why must it be only 30 seconds? is it because the voicemail? If it is, is there any way that ringtones can be longer?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Longer just takes up memory. If you want to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up, you need to contact your carrier. They have to make that change in their system.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    If you want to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up, you need to contact your carrier. They have to make that change in their system.
    oh ok, I will do that, thanx for your help
    sprint does not do ringtone extensions. changing how many rings before voicemail. I don't belive verizon does them either.

nextel does.
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/10/2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ens04 View Post
    why must it be only 30 seconds? is it because the voicemail? If it is, is there any way that ringtones can be longer?
    there is no way to change how many rings befor voicemail picks up. longer than 25-30 seconds will never be heard. you can make them longer if you want but it then just becomes a was of memory.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    sprint does not do ringtone extensions. changing how many rings before voicemail. I don't belive verizon does them either.

nextel does.
    I don't know about extensions but we had Verison change one of our salesman's Treo to 4 rings from 5.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I don't know about extensions but we had Verison change one of our salesman's Treo to 4 rings from 5.

Greg
    anytime you change the amount of rings before voicemail picks up this is called an extention. if verizon changed the ring then that that is good news for verizon people. I know sprint doesn't do it cause I tried hard.

back on topic... if you get a ringtone extention I would say make your ringtone as long as your extention. keep in mind that sometimes you may get 6 rings and sometimes you may get 8. this has to do with the area your in, your signal strength, and slot cycle index.
  10.    #10  
    i' am timing but the ringer but its between 24-26 seconds