Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I don't doubt that it isnt clear ... my head is spinning and I know exactly what I want to do!
    What I forgot to mention is that I really don't have two sets of contacts, calendars and task ... The two are identical and so far I have been able to keep them that way with a dell pda. At this point I am thinking that maybe I should just get the 4smartphone Xpress package and use it for pushing mail only and then use the Treo to keep my contacts, calendar, and task synced the way that they are now (identical on work and home machines). This way I could also go back to "regular" pop Outlook at home and avoid those long delays. Sometimes it takes 3-4 minutes before it even asks for my password.
    Please let me know your thoughts and if this makes any more sense now.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    You would have to sync via cable with your home and work computers. That makes sense.
  3.    #23  
    So let me be sure I've got this right.

I can use the 4smartphone "xpress" account and use "pop" outlook on both home and work computers. set activesync to sync email only with 4smartphone exchange server and then sync via cable at home and work to keep contacts/calendar/tasks all in sync.

This will in effect give me push email for my home acct and then i can use pop on the treo for my work email (set to once an hour or so).

This may be my best solution. I'm not thrilled about syncing via cable but I may not have another choice. As far as you know - will it work the way I've described above or have I overlooked something?

Will bluetooth be an option to sync instead of cable. With my Dell PDA I synced via cable at home and via BT at work... doable?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I haven't tried syncing via cable or BT with two separate computers trying to keep both computers in sync. However, if you were doing this with an older version of WM on your Dell, I would expect it to work on the Treo as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12