1.    #1  
    With all the "who's leaving the 700wx for _____" threads lately, I just want to say that I'm leaving the 6700 for the 700wx. I've had the 6700 since August, and like it for the most part, but I had a 600 and 650 for 2 years before that, and am excited to go back to the Treo form factor. I've been reading up on former 6700 users' threads and stuff, and wish my wx would friggin' get here already.

Anyway, I glad to be back here at treocentral.
    Last edited by doubleu; 01/09/2007 at 01:51 PM.
    well welcome back. there are a lot of us x 6700 users here. like my self. this topic was hot in august, but not so now. my only question for ya is...... what took ya so long? lol

welcome back

cody
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Same here! i am also a former 6700 user. I got my wx back in September and I have never looked back! I left my Treo 650 for the 6700.....but there is no place like home!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Umm, hate to rain on the Treo parade but http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/ and I believe the proper term is OWNED.

Anyone want to buy a 700wx?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat. Former Treo 600 user, now have the 6700, but ready to jump back to Palm. I do like my 6700, but I miss the Treo form factor. I've got a "for trade" thread in the marketplace forum if anyone wants to dump their wx...
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream View Post
    Umm, hate to rain on the Treo parade but http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/ and I believe the proper term is OWNED.
    ?
    no way. I bet it flops. no 3g, no push email. too much for a non buisness device. just for rich kids. IMHO
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    no way. I bet it flops. no 3g, no push email. too much for a non buisness device. just for rich kids. IMHO
    Oh, you mean the rich kids that have bought 100 million ipods to date and counting??
    Last edited by NextDream; 01/09/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I was an 8125 user who switched to the 700Wx and am thrilled with it! Great form-factor, like EV-DO, and have gotten used to the smaller screen.
    It won't "flop" but will have limited business users. If ever gets Exchange push, Blackberry connect, Business Connect (SEVEN), or even the crappy VZW Wirelesssync, it will become popular in the corporate world. Just having IMAP and POP3 is not enough.
    I to left the 6700 that I had Since Nov of 2005. It was a good PDA bad phone. I am really enjoying the Treo 700wx. I have yet to have a DSFD. In the two months I have had the Treo I have not had to do a soft reset execpt for backups

Much better device.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I agree. It won't flop though. The mistake their making is the fact that there is a phone in there. Who here (or other treo users) would stop using their treo for it?

As it is, we use the ipod for music and video. Nobody's gonna get this if they don't use the phone. why would they?

This is like a NanoPhone. I have a FULL 80gb iPod and wouldn't get it even if I didn't use the treo. That knocks out another market; the audio/video power users.

The Kool-Aid is for those that have a mini or nano and toy around with the ''chocolate'' or ''krazr'' and expect them to be half decent audio devices, because they arent even close....
    Well, as everyone said, welcome back. I had a 6700 for almost a year before I got my 700wx, because it was the best device Sprint had to offer, IMO. As was previously mentioned, great PDA, lousy phone. Seeing as how it's kind of important that BOTH actually work, since I don't carry a phone AND a PDA around separately anymore, what the heck is the point?

I love the Treo, and I've yet to see a better form factor with better day-to-day use.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream View Post
    Oh, you mean the rich kids that have bought 100 million ipods to date and counting??
    no, and I wont argue the ipod is the biggest craze of lately, but the ipod does one thing- play media/music. What exactly is the message of this phone? Is it a phone, a music player, video player, PDA...? Its for sure not a professional business tool like a treo or 6700. Sure it has a lot of cool stuff on it that is innovative but lacks basic business tools like push email and 3g data and a decent keyboard to type on for email and SMS. Theres no clear group its targeted for- except like the poster said people with money to blow on another REALLY EXPENSIVE toy. My treo 700wx can play music and media with a few GB of storage on a card and do more too. Plus only paid 375 for a NIB one on ebay,alot less than $800 thats does a lot less. I dont think people, as stated above, are going to drop their smartphones/pda's to go buy this. I dont think it will totally flop either since its a fad item, but I dont think it will be as huge of a hit as the ipod was. Plus the fact stated above too that everyone and their mom already has an ipod so why would you spend $800 on something that is essentially hte same thing with a phone built in?
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 01/10/2007 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I to left the 6700 that I had Since Nov of 2005. It was a good PDA bad phone. I am really enjoying the Treo 700wx. I have yet to have a DSFD. In the two months I have had the Treo I have not had to do a soft reset execpt for backups

Much better device.
    Exactly... I went back to my 650 after a few months of using the 6700 until I got the WX. 6700 was a HORRIBLE phone. The Treo is so much more balanced.