1.    #1  
    I just bought my 700wx, coming from the 700p. The main reason is that I need Wifi when travelling, and service is not available.

I would like to install Gmail, and Google Maps, like I had on the 700p. I can't find a JVM that will work.

Does anyone have both running on their 700wx. What do I need to do to install on my phone. I can't seem to find the correct JVM anywhere. The one on PPCgeeks just opens up into a bunch of different files, and I can't seem to do anything with them.
    search for java, google maps, and more thread if thats what you want. i would reccommend windows live. which is better and it uses google maps.

gmail is easy. just go in to your gmail settings and enable pop.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I don't want Gmail as my pop. I want to use the stand along version. If I use as pop, it always sends me the sent messages as well. I like it to work just like the website.

I searched JAVA, and google, but I always get an error when using the midlet. It asks for the url, and then is says it is not a valid url.
    You can have all of your gmail forwarded to your sprintpcs email address. Use sprints pop settings, and gmails smtp.

You can even set up free notification on new mail arrival in the sprint settings online.

The only issue is that sprint has a 2mb total limit.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I'm looking for to try gMail on my 700wx w/Verizon, but I'm not seeing a solution to the initial post.

Has anyone found a JVM for WM 5.0?

Any links to a download or instructions is appreciated.

TIA

VisorPhone->Tungsten W->Treo 700wx...
    I found a really good java virtual machine at xda-developers.com. It is called Risidoro Intent. You can search there. That one allows you to use the soft buttons/hard buttons on the Treo to navigate. It's also a free download. IBM's paid for download (as far as I can remember) does not allow you to use the keys for menu function.

Also, Google Maps for WM is now available as a stand-alone cab installation--no need to go thru a JVM--it can run native. The native version is really good and stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanYVR View Post
    I just bought my 700wx, coming from the 700p. The main reason is that I need Wifi when travelling, and service is not available.

I would like to install Gmail, and Google Maps, like I had on the 700p. I can't find a JVM that will work.

Does anyone have both running on their 700wx. What do I need to do to install on my phone. I can't seem to find the correct JVM anywhere. The one on PPCgeeks just opens up into a bunch of different files, and I can't seem to do anything with them.
    First off, i have Google Maps on my 700Wx and it doesn't require any JVM to run. Point your browser to http://www.google.com/gmm

As for Gmail, i prefer just to have it configured in P.Outlook as pop3.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    IBM's paid for download (as far as I can remember) ...
    This part of your statement has never been true.
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Also, as mentioned above, you don't need java google maps.