1.    #1  
    I'm sure this problem has already been addressed in the forum but after several searches, I could not find any answers.

My daughter sent me a text message tonight with a picture attached. She has the "Chocolate" phone with Verizon.

I received the text message fine which simply read "You have new Picture Mail! Click Go/View to see now". It then had a URL to pictures.sprintpcs.com/(the ID code of the message).

I click the link and PIE opens up but it's been trying to open the web page for over an half an hour now. I can easily open other web pages so I don't think it's my connection.

I called Sprint and they told me to download the Palm SMS patch which I did last week. I also reset (soft) the phone twice since then.

Any ideas or please point me to the relevant threads already discussing this problem.

TIA
    Joe Fallico
    Commodity Futures Broker

Insignia Futures & Options, Inc.

InsigniaFutures.com

If you haven'nt installed one from PPCGeeks (assuming you are on WX from Sprint), your phone does not support MMS feature as far as I know.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply Achilles.

Yes, I am on a 700wx.

The strange thing is, the URL page just opened with the picture. It took almost an hour for the page to load and open...very strange.

Anyway, I'll check out the mms solutions on ppcgeeks.com. Maybe they will have something that will open a little quicker that an hour.

Thanks again,
    Joe Fallico
    Commodity Futures Broker

Insignia Futures & Options, Inc.

InsigniaFutures.com

The only reason you would need the mms hack is if YOU want to send picture mail to someone. You do not need the hack to get picture mail from anyone.
    My guess was that the Sprint PictureMail website was having problems. Like any normal site, it has downtimes as well. But it looks like all is fixed. This was nothing to do with your phone and everything to do with the site you were accessing.
    I currently do not send picture mail...but if I wanted to on my WX could I not do it?
    You can do it now using poutlook but only to email addresses. If you download the mms hack and install it on your device it will let you send pictures to cell numbers for Sprint and other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    I currently do not send picture mail...but if I wanted to on my WX could I not do it?
    If you need the file PM me and I will send it to you.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 01/11/2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Time for some nOOb questions.

To send a picture to another cell phone we need a hack? Could you explain how we send a pic like a txt msg? Is there a cost for this?

We can send a pic with outlool. Can we send them from our normal email addresses? Or does it come from the Sprint one? Is this what they call picture mail which is like .15 each.

thanks
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    The only reason you would need the mms hack is if YOU want to send picture mail to someone. You do not need the hack to get picture mail from anyone.
    cant send picture mail anymore from my 700wx. it is on sprints end. well i dont have picture mail added to my account, didnt have it before and my picture mail would still send...
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthyC View Post
    cant send picture mail anymore from my 700wx. it is on sprints end. well i dont have picture mail added to my account, didnt have it before and my picture mail would still send...
    Yeah, it works fine for me (just tested it) and I've never had picture mail before. They don't know your sending a picture. All that is it doing is using your data connection. Try a soft reset and give it another shot.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Yeah, it works fine for me (just tested it) and I've never had picture mail before. They don't know your sending a picture. All that is it doing is using your data connection. Try a soft reset and give it another shot.
    Hmm worked this time, didnt have to softreset. Yesterday when i tried they snet "ok" from the 700wx but the person i sent them to would only get the text that i sent with the picturemail.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    could someone PM the mms hack also? thanks!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Does anyone else get a message that says "Your browser does not accept cookies" when trying to view a recieved picture message?
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is there a way to few a pic you receive without having to be directed to a website like on the 700w? I had the 700w before I just switched to the 700wx & I did install the mms hack from ppcgeeks.
    So can anyone confirm the cost of this if you do not have unlimited picture mail. I wonder if with the hack they know you are sending it or if it just seems like you are using the internet?

I am interested to know before I start messing with it though.
    Anyone? Cost for sending picture mail with MMS hack?

Is it normal Sprint charges or does it just use the data connection?

Or do we have no idea?