1.    #1  
    There should be a forum for ActiveSync issues here.

I have a Treo 700w from Verizon. My organization has nearly thirty of them and a few Motorola Q's as well. With each of these devices we use ActiveSync to synchronize with Exchange 2003.

I picked up a new Treo 700w on Friday and started the process of setting up ActiveSync in the same manner I have with every other one of the devices we use. However, I keep getting an error message when trying to synchronize on this new device.

Result:
    Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator.

Support code: 0x85010004
    I've searched the MS KB, read various articles from Google searches and have not found the solution to my problem. They all suggest that it's a problem with Exchange at large, but it seems to me that none of our phones would be able to synchronize if this was the case here. Further, when I change the login information to a different name/account, the synchronization works which would then suggest to me that the problem is with the particular user's permissions in Active Directory. So far as I can tell, the permissions for this user are as they should be.

I am completely at a loss. Has anyone experienced this problem who can help me out?
    I agree. I am having the exact same issue and I cannot find anyone that can help. Now I have a brand new phone with no push e-mail.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone?
    make sure you exchange admin has the mobile features turned on for your user name. Remote access is controlled per user which sounds like your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaElAre View Post

I have a Treo 700w from Verizon. My organization has nearly thirty of them and a few Motorola Q's as well. With each of these devices we use ActiveSync to synchronize with Exchange 2003.

I picked up a new Treo 700w on Friday and started the process of setting up ActiveSync in the same manner I have with every other one of the devices we use. However, I keep getting an error message when trying to synchronize on this new device.

I've searched the MS KB, read various articles from Google searches and have not found the solution to my problem. They all suggest that it's a problem with Exchange at large, but it seems to me that none of our phones would be able to synchronize if this was the case here. Further, when I change the login information to a different name/account, the synchronization works which would then suggest to me that the problem is with the particular user's permissions in Active Directory. So far as I can tell, the permissions for this user are as they should be.

I am completely at a loss. Has anyone experienced this problem who can help me out?
    There is a forum for ActiveSync: WM Synchronization
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaElAre View Post

Yes, "contact your Exchange Server administrator"...if s/he cannot resolve this for you they are not worth their salt...