1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just called a local palm store here in Boston, and I was told that they 750 they get will be unlocked. He says that they only carry unlocked/unbranded phones.

Since I couldn't find any reference to an unlocked 750, was wondering if he was mis-informed.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    This would be consistent with the earlier models (most notably the 680) that are unlocked when purchased directly from Palm.
    I was told by the folks at the Palm store here in Orlando that they will not have them until the end of JAN...They are not to sure if they will be unlocked or not. Here is the update on the PALM site.

Available late
    January 2007
    at Palm.com and
    Palm Retail Stores.
    Stopped in the Palm Store today in Union Station. Guy told me they would have the unlocked version on January 22nd, for $649.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  5.    #5  
    That's good news. All indications I got form palm's site and all the ads is that this is a Cingular only phone. It'd be great if they actually have unlocked versions too.
    January 22 is pretty close. Unlocked 750 on T-Mobile for me!
    I can only hope you guys are right as I need an unlocked for my ATT SIM.

However, today at CES palm station the rep said there won't be an unlocked.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Really? That would be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    I can only hope you guys are right as I need an unlocked for my ATT SIM.

However, today at CES palm station the rep said there won't be an unlocked.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Does that mean, for some reason, someone won't find a way to unlock this thing, whether Palm wants to sell one, or not? Seems unlikely.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    the good thing about an unlocked 750 from Palm would be the subsequent update, then i can reflash my vodafone to a US spec'd unlocked 750!!!
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Found this on Palm's site by spidering...didn't look like a "real" live link yet but does have some Cingular related info.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo750cingular/

I was able to snag my 750 (Cingular locked and branded) online without contract extension for about $570.00. I was not willing to extend my contract with Cingular until I was able to try out the 750 for a while.

It should arrive tomorrow.
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w
    FYI -You can always get an unlock code from Cingular International customer service.
  13.    #13  
    don't they usually criple certain phone functions when it's locked to a provider?

Also, I don't have cingular service so it wouldn't do me much good.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Sometimes features are disabled on phones sold by a carrier. For the 750, the significant feature that is usually disabled, modem tethering, is claimed as supported. Maybe there's a minor issue somewhere or another. This is unrelated to locking other than that carrier phones are typically locked also.
    supershawn, How do you know your phone ordered online will be with you tomorrow? I ordered one today, and have no indication from Cingular about expected ship date, no emailed order confirmation, nothing. Surreal.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    So would an unlocked 750 work on Verizon's network? If so I cant wait to get one.

Would it be possible to unlock a Cingular version any way? Thanks
    Only if Verizon becomes GSM. It's CDMA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Is there anymore info on whether PALM will carry the unlocked or not. PALM customer service says not sure whether they will carry unlocked or not, PALM retails store in NY said only Cing version while PALM retails store in BWI airport said they will carry unlocked version as well. ANY news will help to decide whether to get Cing vesrion now or wait,
    Thanks
    I have an unlocked Vodaphone 750v. Would there be any reason for me to do this process you mention? Other than getting the updates from Palm rather than Vodafone? If so, how roughly is this flashing done?

Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    the good thing about an unlocked 750 from Palm would be the subsequent update, then i can reflash my vodafone to a US spec'd unlocked 750!!!
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v