1.    #1  
    I have a fairly new 700wx on Bell. Everything else seems to work great but I can't get the hardware button reassignment to work. I have repeatedly followed the instructions, and the buttons and applications appear fine under the SETTINGS>BUTTONS screen, but the changes don't actually change the button behavior. Pretty sure I'm following procedure. Anyone else seen this?
    i have no problems. please tell us what you are trying to change to what.
  3.    #3  
    Tried a few, including the defaults such as Contacts on the Option>Start button and Tasks on the Option>OK button. Also tried Calendar (and others) on the Option>Start button.
    You know you have to hold the option button down right? Not like OK for task manager, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tack View Post
    Tried a few, including the defaults such as Contacts on the Option>Start button and Tasks on the Option>OK button. Also tried Calendar (and others) on the Option>Start button.
    when using the "option and something" you do know that you have to hold down the key under the "a" and while holding it down press the other key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    You know you have to hold the option button down right? Not like OK for task manager, for some reason.
    this never made since. why didn't thay make the other keys a hold for second option?
  7.    #7  
    Hi - Yes, I press the Option key and then the desired assigned key. Just in case I was missing something, I've also tried pressing other combinations (such as Shift>Option>Start). The Option key is working fine for other purposes, it just seems to be ignored when pressed before the Start and OK buttons.
    Hi - Yes, I press the Option key and then the desired assigned key. Just in case I was missing something, I've also tried pressing other combinations (such as Shift>Option>Start). The Option key is working fine for other purposes, it just seems to be ignored when pressed before the Start and OK buttons.
    is this a press and hold? i'm sorry i just don't know why it's not working
  9.    #9  
    Tried that too. Also tried pressing Option twice before pressing the main button. Hmmmm. I guess it's not something too obvious. I was hoping it was a common issue that had a simple fix - perhaps not. Thanks for your replies.
    Tried that too. Also tried pressing Option twice before pressing the main button. Hmmmm. I guess it's not something too obvious. I was hoping it was a common issue that had a simple fix - perhaps not. Thanks for your replies.
    there is no trick to it. it takes two thumbs. one holding the option key while the other press the key. sorry we could't help more. maybe someone else will pick this up and figure it out.
  11.    #11  
    Well - after doing an umpteenth reset, suddenly seems to be working. Have reset another couple times and still working. I must have something bizarre when I got the phone to kill that functionality (though I did reset previously with no luck). Anyway, thanks again for your help codyppc and littlepat.