Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's true, for the past week the Pearl has been my primary device. I'm really hoping for a bluetooth fix, but I agree that the likelyhood is probably very slim. If that's the case, I might move to the Pearl permanently. Unless of course Apple releases a smartphone tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Wow, you changed your avatar!

Wishful thinking on the BT fix I think. Seems the firmware # is the same as the old Cingular ROM, so my hopes are not up anymore. But I'll cross my fingers for you!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm still within my 30-day return period, so I waited anxiously for threads like this to help me decide whether I wanted to keep the 680 or return it for the 750. So far I haven't read anything that makes me think the 750 will blow my 680 away.

Sunday, I began the battery conditioning suggested here on the forum. This morning, my battery reading was 100% for the first time. That makes me think something is improving. Other than the battery issue, I love the 680.

Also, after going to the Cingular website and seeing that the 750 costs $649 minus $250 for a two-year contract (I paid $49 after a $50 mail-in rebate for the 680) I think it's a no-brainer...
    not sure why they offered it to me at $349, in store (BEFORE mail in rebate) but they did.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  4.    #24  
    I went over to the Cingular store yesterday on the way home. They had received 8 of them the Friday before. I thought I would return the 680 for the 750 but I missed my 30 day return by 2 days. I was so bummed.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    My question is: is it worth the extra $180 (premier pricing) vs the 680? I know about HSPDA/UMTS, but my concern is paying out the extra 180 and getting amarginal performance increase...
    I am a real estate wholesaler, let me know how I can help you!!!
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!!
    Woody Properties, LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    That's true, for the past week the Pearl has been my primary device. I'm really hoping for a bluetooth fix, but I agree that the likelyhood is probably very slim. If that's the case, I might move to the Pearl permanently. Unless of course Apple releases a smartphone tomorrow!
    I switched from the 8125 to the pearl for 3 months. Great little email device, but after awhile I got fed up with the keyboard, lack of good 3rd party software, and useless PIM
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Too many good choices. I have a Treo 680 with Cingular, and while I'm thinking of switching to the 750, I know that I'm going to regret the decision. Been there, done that: Every time I try a Windows device, I regret the decision -- Palm OS, despite its flaws, is easier and faster to use.

Here's the question that's the deal-breaker for me: Can the Treo 750 be used one-handed?
    Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    Here's the question that's the deal-breaker for me: Can the Treo 750 be used one-handed?
    Well, we know the form factor isn't an issue. But from what I understand, the basic answer is no... even with Palm's "secret sauce". WM just wasn't optimized for that. The more Windows comes *out* of WM, the better... but they're not quite there yet.

Much as I hate to say it though, at least WM is making progress. Where is Palm? Palm may have an edge now, but it's all but vanishing before their eyes. And with new non-WM platforms hitting the market -- Apple's new iPhone is reportedly Darwin based -- that's just going to get worse. Palm wake up and smell your bacon burning.
    as 750 runs WM5, it does not have multi languge support. MS rep at CES stated it's not on priority ...
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    Too many good choices. I have a Treo 680 with Cingular, and while I'm thinking of switching to the 750, I know that I'm going to regret the decision. Been there, done that: Every time I try a Windows device, I regret the decision -- Palm OS, despite its flaws, is easier and faster to use.

The 750 is as one handed capable in my experience as the 650 was.
    The only difference is that a lot of third party apps donít support it yet. That is changing rapidly.

I rarely had to pull out the stylus when using the 750Ö..

Joe
    the 750 is very a one handed capable device. This is the most one handed WM device out on the market right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    That's true, for the past week the Pearl has been my primary device.
    But...if you had to choose between the 680 and 750, which would you keep?

G
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    For myself, 680. I need something usable more than I need something with faster and more expensive data plans.
    Depends on what is important to you. If you have to have Palm OS, then the 680. If you have to have 3G data then the 750. Otherwise it's less clear. But the 680 isn't on my list of phones anymore, I was fairly unimpressed with it. I still think that Palm OS is preferable to WM5, but the 680 isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post

G
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12