Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by larrysilver View Post
    added memory from the 700w (program memory) I wish they would just put out a rom update......
    this is what i am going to wait for. i dont mind waiting for an update if it is going to be a good one. if they don't fix thing like the bluetooth then i my switch. my luck as soon as i pay the $200 to get out of contract and sign with cingular thay will release an awexome update for the wx. i would like to find a device i could keep for a while.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'll be sticking with sprint & the wx.....i'm pretty sure the ppcgeeks can make the goodies on the 750 transfer to the wx like they did with threaded text messaging.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have the VZW 700W and I'm anxiously awaiting the VZW 700WX. No service change for me. VZW coverage rules here in the NE.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream View Post
    I'll be sticking with sprint & the wx.....i'm pretty sure the ppcgeeks can make the goodies on the 750 transfer to the wx like they did with threaded text messaging.

no offence, but it wasn't ppcgeeks that did the sms app. what you got is a few people that visit both forums. it was first started on here for a long time. we then asked xda developers for help and the "loneranger" got it out first. then the better (beta 2,3,and 4) were writen by someone here on tc. ppc geeks was just where it was hosted longer. both sites are awesome, but neither think bt will work better without a rom update. and then eho knows.

i dont want to give his name cause since palm made ppcgeeks take it down i dont know if he will get i trouble. but credit were credit is due, it was tc that got it going on.

nothing agianst ppcgeeks. nice site
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

how dare you!

lol, cody is 100% correct. We just hosted it for a long time/made it convienent to organize the project. We didn't really do anything though outside of test it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Huh, what? hmm, my ears are ringing... ok, back to sleep. zzzz
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Huh, what? hmm, my ears are ringing... ok, back to sleep. zzzz
    go ahead, tell em all who did it. you earn it. and while your at it tell them your getting a 750. and why.
    How much does Cingular want for unlimited high-speed data (not that edge crap)? It's so hard to beat sprint at $15 dollars a month EV-DO or included if you're on sero.
    Ah, you actually want a post that is on topic I see.

Ok, well for me here are my reasons for getting a 750 (if it ever ships).

1) built in working a2dp so that I can use my headphones without using a dongle. I also will be using it in my car to play music and slingplayer through my car stereo without having to mess with wires.

2) bluetooth voice dialing. I'm tired of having bluetooth issues such as bluetooth randomly turning off and the total lack of support for pda audio over a bt headset.

3) Having an HTC built gsm device means that a lot of good tools and tweaks from xda-developers will work. Lots of expertise there to take advantage of.

4) Palms patch for sms on the 700wx causes serious issues with bluetooth getting into such a state that only a hard reset can fix it. Not sure if it is a conflict between the ripped sms app and the patch or not, but the 750 will not have that problem.

5) HSDPA speeds with simulaneous voice and data sure is nice.

6) The price was right at $149.99, although Amazon might screw me over and reprice it before it ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    How much does Cingular want for unlimited high-speed data (not that edge crap)? It's so hard to beat sprint at $15 dollars a month EV-DO or included if you're on sero.
    So the MediaMax 200 package is $20 per month and includes unlimited data. Cingular will tell you that you have to get the more expensive plan, but like with vzw's PDATP plan the MediaMax plan works just fine.
    Also thought about it, but just got my 700wx current with patches and updates and it's been pretty stable recently. I went so far as to go through the "comparison" chart on the Palm site but nothing compelling enough to make me eat the termination charge.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    no offence, but it wasn't ppcgeeks that did the sms app. what you got is a few people that visit both forums. it was first started on here for a long time. we then asked xda developers for help and the "loneranger" got it out first. then the better (beta 2,3,and 4) were writen by someone here on tc. ppc geeks was just where it was hosted longer. both sites are awesome, but neither think bt will work better without a rom update. and then eho knows.

i dont want to give his name cause since palm made ppcgeeks take it down i dont know if he will get i trouble. but credit were credit is due, it was tc that got it going on.

Point taken. I just meant that it won't be long before the 750 treats are available for 700wx consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream View Post
    Point taken. I just meant that it won't be long before the 750 treats are available for 700wx consumption.
    Not necessarily. The internals of the 750 are quite different from the 700's. The "treats" that use common api's can be made to work, but if it involves lower level hardware access it won't be directly transferrable.
    I will be sticking with Sprint and my 700wx. The price and coverage I get from Sprint fits my needs much better than Cingular did. Unless you need a GSM carrier, Sprint coverage sucks for you, or you must have some of the new features of the 750, there is really no need to switch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    pros/cons are pretty equal.The only thing that bothers me is 750 Data speed is crippled for over 6 months or so.By that time Sprints wimax should get going.Palm may have the 750,850 what ever you want to call it at sprint wimax style in the 4th Quatar 2007 into 2008.It,s wourth the wait
    Hannips going to figure out the wc BT stack anyway for the WX....Oh thats right he's A TRATOR to the wx. joking hannip just joking

A podcast with great 750 info.
    Give Podcast#86 a listen.

http://mobilitytoday.com/archive.php?c=22&type=n
    Honestly, f**k the 750. Have you seen the IPHONE?
    Looks like I'll be sticking with the 700wx for a while. Amazon just dicked me and cancelled my order. The bastards!
  18.    #38  
    i thought thay would just change your price?
    They claim they are out of stock and can't get anymore.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Honestly, f**k the 750. Have you seen the IPHONE?

THEY HAVE NOW!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast