1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 700W for nearlyt a year and used to get a couple of days worth of battery life. Along the way I picked up an extended life battery which initially worked extremely well. Today I'm lucky if the device makes it through a day (with little or not talk time) and a few checks of email.

Can someone offer me an idea on what could be draining my batteries? The new Seido especially is only about 3 months old so I don't think it is a case of the battery wearing out. I cannot pinpoint when this started happening either. In the last couple of months I'd guess.
    - If receive all incoming beams is checked it will drain your battery fast.
    - If bluetooth is enabled "
    - If activesync keeps loading "
    - If you've disabled device suspend after nn minutes "
    - If you are using data in a 1x area "

The activesync fix can be found here.
    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20
  3.    #3  
    awesome, thanks! I found this activesync fix before I had to replace my original treo a couple of months ago and completely forgot about it.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    - If receive all incoming beams is checked it will drain your battery fast.
    - If bluetooth is enabled "
    - If activesync keeps loading "
    - If you've disabled device suspend after nn minutes "
    - If you are using data in a 1x area "

The activesync fix can be found here.
    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20
    I tried this and it didn't do anything for me.
    ActiveSync still kept running in the background after shutting it off.

Did I do soemthing wrong?
    Sometimes you have to go through the procedure twice for it to stick for some reason.
    The axim fix worked for my first 700w but I've done it 3 times on my replacement phone and whenever I reboot, Activesync is started. Once I shut it down, it stays down until I start it again or reboot, however.

I've left the "fake" definition in place because if I remove it, the "manual" option switches back to "as items arrive".
    hmm, it worked for me. ActiveSync doesn't start on reboot and I didn't leave the fake settings there. Weird.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Same here.
    I tried it multiple times and soemhow it just do not work on my 700w
    This does not seem to work for me either. There is a link to poutlook in my startup folder. Could this by chance be the culprit? If not, what exactly does it do??
    Quote Originally Posted by overbyc1 View Post
    This does not seem to work for me either. There is a link to poutlook in my startup folder. Could this by chance be the culprit? If not, what exactly does it do??
    It preloads poutlook so that outlook apps (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks) will load faster. I've removed that long ago with no negative side effects.
    It doesn't work on my W and WX.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    This fix works for me just fine on my 700W - reboots and all. I did delete the fake server. Battery life is a little better, but I don't use a lot of battery and do not automatically check my POP3 email accounts. Manual checks only.

WCK
    After a hard reset and starting from scratch entering email accounts, and only checking manually, my battery life has gone from hours to 1-2 days. I also set up the dummy active sync account. My guess is that the frequent seaching of the internet for "pull" email, and repetitive unsolicitated use of the radio are the culprets. Gary