Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Everyone always talks about how great it is for sprint users to be able to data roam on verizon. will verizon users be able to roam on sprint towers. I'm a VZW user but it seems that recently sprint has surpassed VZW on both rollout of EVDO rev. a and general availability of EVDO rev. 0

anyone know what vzw's data plans are?
    I think you've asked the million dollar question.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yes, i think its part of the agreement that VZW wireless are able to data roam with Sprint.

The problem though is that it seems this agreement only covers 1x, no EV-DO.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Check this out
    Verizon PDATP Plan = UNL PDA 800TXT 100PIX for $20/mth
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132361
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    Everyone always talks about how great it is for sprint users to be able to data roam on verizon.
    where did you see that posted? the sprint evdo signal is weak at my work, but verizon's signal is strong.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ft5117;
    Do you have the 700wx ? If u do, you are most certainly covered automatically. The thing is you have to force your phone into "roaming mode" because otherwise it will only pick verizon service if you are COMPLETELY out of Sprint service.

Go to Settings - Phone - Roaming - Roaming networks only

That's it. You should be able to make voice and data calls on vz

Put it back to "Home networks only" when u back to an area that has good service.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Kilim- i have the PDATP plan already. I just don't understand why VZW would give Sprint users so much when VZW users seem to get very little out of the agreement (or at least VZW users never talk about it)

and also, someone was talking about the new Sprint Data agreement and said that there was a way to force EV....

just kinda interested
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    ft5117;
    Do you have the 700wx ? If u do, you are most certainly covered automatically. The thing is you have to force your phone into "roaming mode" because otherwise it will only pick verizon service if you are COMPLETELY out of Sprint service.

Go to Settings - Phone - Roaming - Roaming networks only

That's it. You should be able to make voice and data calls on vz

Put it back to "Home networks only" when u back to an area that has good service.

Doesn't work for me do I need to update the PRL?
    I have the WX in a nonEVDO area.

Verizon does have EVDO in ny area...can I use the abvoe instructions to roam on Verizons EVDO?

if yes is there any fees I should look out for?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    I have the WX in a nonEVDO area.

Verizon does have EVDO in ny area...can I use the abvoe instructions to roam on Verizons EVDO?

if yes is there any fees I should look out for?

Thanks
    From what I have read others post...

You can ONLY get 1x data service when you roam in VZW Network.
    Thats it.