1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious, aside from the different branded processor, & of course the sim card vs CMDA (edvo, utms), what is the difference between the 700wx & the 750?

The only things I seem to find is:

Slightly thinner device
    slightly smaller battery
    Built in SMS application
    Built in Folder "button" for Outlook.

Is that about it?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Built-in A2DP and bluetooth voice dialing.
    Significantly smaller battery
    No antenna
    Simultaneous voice and data.

Surur
    soft touch paint
    mini sd card
  5.    #5  
    Nice list! I didnt know about the data/voice at the same time. Can that translate to the CMDA marketplace? Or is that part of the UTMS?
    Its part of UMTS. CDMA will get this when it is upgraded to EVDO RevA, which you will need devices capable of that technology. The wx is not one of those devices.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The 750 has less RAM (program memory) than the wx. About 8MB less, which is a lot IMO.

The 750 has just a little more Program memory (3MB more), but thats no issue since most of us use SD cards for extra storage.

Also, at least right out the box, the cingular 750 will only support UMTS, which will get you only ~300ish speeds... EV-DO or HSDPA can get a lot more than that.
    Where do you get the less memory information? Is this based on actual physical comparison or reviews from somewhere? Do you have screenshots of memory based on initial base install? Just curious why a GSM device would have less memory than a CDMA device.

Are the specs incorrect as both devices are stated with 128MB (60MB user accessible) non-volatile memory?
    Quoted from my same answer to this question in the wx forum:

So far you are right, as far as the BT, but the 750 has its own problems. I find the OS more stable on the wx. But you're right, no BT dropout for me so far. And VC over BT works fine.

-There are still BT limitations for car kits (BMW has been reported to have the exact same issues as the wx) so they didn't "update" BT, just hacked it to work with VC somehow.
    -A2DP works fine.
    -Slightly thinner, and EQUAL battery life (despite reports here, I find no difference in battery life with the standard batteries. Remember, GSM uses less power, hence the smaller batteries. The extended Seido for the 700, however, blows it away)
    -keyboard slightly smaller, SLIGHTLY, but I never noticed it while typing.
    -UMTS out-of-the-box, HSDPA available with a simple free hack. Speeds as fast as EV-DO, and voice/data simultaneously. This is a great feature. I find EV-DO more stable when using slingbox, because 3G coverage is spotty right now. In Queens it was great, but as I was driving to the island last night w/the Giant game on it got very choppy when I hit the edge areas out east.
    -Threaded app pre-installed. MMS works obviously, but I also got it to work with my 8525, leaving me to think the 700's MMS problem is due to CDMA somehow. Or the Sprint settings we have are wrong.
    -WX OS is much more stable IMO. Seems like I have to reset this thing MUCH more often than I did with the wx.
    -Cingular is VERY expensive. 40.00/month for PDA Internet alone. My bill is like 120/month. Something you def need to consider when jumping ship.
    -The new Cingular ROM is just thaat....NEW. It still remains to be seen what problems it will have (or won't have), so just like when the wx came out WE will be the testers. This is true of any device, sure, but before you jump ship out of a wx, make sure the device is running well.

Thats just a few things to consider before throwing out you're 700, IMO its worth switching from the w, since the phone is more powerful and the rates are similar to VZW. But for a wx owner, you should ask yourself one question:

"Is BT-VC and A2DP worth the price of a new phone and 30.00/month more?"
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Where do you get the less memory information? Is this based on actual physical comparison or reviews from somewhere? Do you have screenshots of memory based on initial base install? Just curious why a GSM device would have less memory than a CDMA device.

Are the specs incorrect as both devices are stated with 128MB (60MB user accessible) non-volatile memory?

Real world comparisons.

Just curious why a GSM device would have less memory than a CDMA device.
    What does the radio technology have to do with the internal memory of a handset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Real world comparisons.

What does the radio technology have to do with the internal memory of a handset?
    If both devices are from fresh off the shelf and both uses the same OS. The only difference is the hardware. Hardware includes the radio for the phone. Everything else being the same, what else could be using up the memory except for support for the hardware difference.

What's causing the difference in the "in use" memory on your picture?