1.    #1  
    Cingular Palm Treo 750 Gets Official - The Press Release

Faster, Sleeker and More Powerful: Palm and Cingular Wireless Deliver the Treo 750 Smart Device

First 3G Treo World Phone on Cingular’s Leading Network and Windows Mobile Offers Blazing Speeds, Security and Business Productivity

LAS VEGAS, Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Jan. 7, 2007 – Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) and Cingular Wireless today announced the first Palm® Treo™ smart device running on Cingular’s 3G/UMTS network, providing mobile professionals with an exceptional phone experience and blazing-fast download speeds in U.S. markets and in dozens of countries around the world. The highly anticipated Treo 750 five-band world phone(1) running Windows Mobile 5.0 with Direct Push Technology offers Palm’s exclusive usability improvements with powerful business features, including email, security, and web access on the go.(2)

http://www.mobilitysite.com/2007/01/...ficial_the.php
  2.    #2  
    From the PRPRPR: $Companies$ $of$ $all$ $sizes$ $have$ $been$ $awaiting$ $the$ $arrival$ $of$ $the$ $Treo$ $750$. $Charles$ $Hoyt$, $executive$ $director$ $of$ $information$ $technology$ $for$ $MedPointe$ $Pharmaceuticals$, $plans$ $to$ $deploy$ $Treo$ $750$ $smart$ $devices$ $to$ $company$ $employees$ $as$ $soon$ $as$ $they$ $are$ $available$. &#$8220$;$This$ $is$ $a$ $next$-$generation$ $smart$ $device$,&#$8221$; $he$ $said$. &#$8220$;$I$&#$8217$;$ve$ $tried$ $many$ $other$ $devices$ $and$ $none$ $of$ $them$ $can$ $compete$ $with$ $the$ $form$ $factor$, $network$, $voice$ $quality$ $and$ $software$ $features$ $of$ $the$ $Treo$ $750$. $I$ $just$ $can$&#$8217$;$t$ $say$ $enough$ $about$ $the$ $device$; $it$&#$8217$;$s$ $a$ $pleasure$ $to$ $use$.&#$8221$;
    So why ain't it on palm.com already?

I want one. Unlocked. In a perfect world, in colors the way the 680 is.
    yayayayayayay

1 full year of waiting is almost over!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    So why ain't it on palm.com already?

I want one. Unlocked. In a perfect world, in colors the way the 680 is.
    cHECK AT 12 MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Sorry that darn cAPS bUtton was on.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    ...in colors the way the 680 is.
    Yeh it's a shame Palm have only chosen to do this on their supposedly budget model. Of course us Europeans don't even get the colour option on the 680
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    cHECK AT 12 MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Sorry that darn cAPS bUtton was on.
    Palm.com website says late January 2007, but says available in Palm retail stores now..start calling those airport locations!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Palm.com website says late January 2007, but says available in Palm retail stores now..start calling those airport locations!

i feel a buch or wireairport post coming real soon.

no word on the unlocked/unbranded version yet?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No unlocked available, just Cingular branded is up.
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...tiveID=HmPg_BB
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Alas, not available on line yet, but the web page definately says it's available at Palm brick-and-mortar stores now :-)

I held one in my hand at the Cingular in Walnut Creek today (locked, of course) and didn't bite. Waited for the detailed specs.

For those of you wondering (like me), the US 750 appears to use EXACTLY the same UMTS radio as the 750V - hence, no forward thinking on Palm's part to support T-Mobile (Band IV, 2100/1700 dual) :-(

While I'm certainly disappointed in the Cingular-only focus for 3G, the Edge support is certainly an improvement over my lowly Treo 600. I just don't know if the move to Windows Mobile w/out 3G is worth it for me - I might just sit on my 600 some more or up to the 680. Oh, well...
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quick follow-up:

1 - No Wi-Fi, of course, but nobody should be surprised :-(
    2 - Exactly the same 1200mah battery as the 680 :-(
    3 - Not available until "late Jan" on the Palm.com website
    4 - Not HSDPA enabled yet (patch due "early 2007")
    5 - Stupid Cingular-only 3G UMTS radio

On point 5, several posts have identified drop-in replacement radios more "US friendly" than the radio in the US 750.

So I'm starting the next rumor about the Treo 780 (fully US 3G capable) due late 2007 :-)
    T-Mobile is using a bizzaro frequency nobody else if using. Additionally, they are number 4 in the U.S. Meaning they are not the top dog.

Nobody makes a device with the T-Mobile 3G frequencies. What more "US friendy" radios? No such thing. The 750 has quad band GSM with tri-mode UMTS. Nobody has anything better.

Don't expect anyone to support the T-Mobile frequencies than devices made especially for them. Since they don't seem to want to sell Treos I doubt you'll ever see a Treo with their 3G frequency.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    <merged>
    You cant really blame Palm for releasing a treo without support for tmobile 3G that in no way even exists yet, and might be years before it is widely is available.
    Any ideas when it will be available on the premier sites? this is killing me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post

For those of you wondering (like me), the US 750 appears to use EXACTLY the same UMTS radio as the 750V - hence, no forward thinking on Palm's part to support T-Mobile (Band IV, 2100/1700 dual) :-(
    Why were you wondering? There was never any indication that the hardware for the Cingular version would be any different from the 750v many of us have been using for months.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    Why were you wondering? There was never any indication that the hardware for the Cingular version would be any different from the 750v many of us have been using for months.
    ...Because this is a US Version of the phone...

No doubt Palm would have included the support if they could. No reason (other than time) needed. It's just dissappointing that - after all this time - they didn't have enough time to support the US UMTS frequencies. Cingular is only one carrier, albiet a big one, but certainly it would have been better for Palm if their US 750 could support other carriers in the US.

The dissappointment isn't really that Palm didn't squeeze in the US radio in time - rather, it's that I don't expect another Treo model anytime soon. Hence, no T-Mobile support any time soon.

And if I look back at the last year, Treo's (imho) form factor and feature advantages have been significantly narrowed. By the time Palm can get out an all-US UMTS, I suspect the competitors will have blown past the Treo.

While my eyes can't justify the Pearl, smart phones like that are truly impressive accomplishments. Palm's "new" 750 still hasn't really changed all that much from the 600's form factor. The pace of innovation by competitors - versus the "WiFi uses too much battery" attitude of Palm - has me selling their stock, personally.

Oh, well...