Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So far I'm pretty impressed with the 750. The real multitasking is much better than the hacks the 650 used.

The 750 has impressed me on a few things so far,

1) Pocket Outlook does a reasonably nice job on email. Out of the box it happily syncs with both my imap and exchange accounts. Maybe I'll try Fleximail later.

2) The Today screen makes a great phone app/launcher.

3) I really like the two softbutton interface when apps implement it well.

4) The 240x240 resolution interface isn't that bad at all. It doesn't feel significantly smaller than my 650's 320x320 screen.

I do have a few gripes though,

1) Keyboard navigation isn't a universal as it was on the 650. It's plenty usable, most of your common tasks can be done with just the hardware buttons, but there are still things like old PocketPC 2003 menus and some dialogs that you can't easilly navigate without resorting to a quick finger to the touch screen.

2) It's a bit sluggish on application switching compared to the 650.

3) Large downloads are a pain on the 750. The treo 650 refused to download anything over 2MB, but the 750 just seems to silently stall.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Does the 750 have something akin to Shortcuts?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Can someone test the POP3 polling time of the 750's Pocket Outlook on Edge? While I can't use 3G on my T-Mobile number, I'm still considering upgrading my Treo 600 to the 750 (GPRS to EDGE is a big improvement for starters), however I sampled a Dash and found that when I configured Outlook to use POP3 to download my Comcast.NET email, it took a minute to "login" each time. Obviously, on EDGE, this is hard to swallow given that no calls can be made during this time (e.g. one is discouraged from scheduling frequent new mail checks).

For reference, ChatterMail on my lowly 600 can check for new mail in about 5 seconds...
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Does the 750 have something akin to Shortcuts?

Shortcuts for what? Programs? If so, all WM devices support shortcuts.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just picked up my 750 at the Cingular store on Pametto Pk Rd in Boca Raton. I called a few other stores and this is the only place that had one and it was the last.

I've only unboxed, powered up, and sent a few texts and I'm impressed, at first blush. I used a 650 for a year and have had a 8125 and a 8525 and think the 750 is going to be the "one."

Once I get into it more, pair it with my car and synch it to our corp. mail server, I'll report back!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Hi ChuckBoca,

I called every store in South Florida and nobody has any. I'll keep trying, I'm sure the other stores will receive more.

Mike from Miami Beach
  7.    #27  
    No one here in Central FL has it either...Someone just told me that they are not going to get them until the end of the month now. This is just HORRRIBLE
    This is Carlos from Miami lakes, I have called all the stores in s.Florida but no one seems to have them yet, I keep getting the same answer, that they recieve it on the 11th of this month which is Thursday.
    Called several stores in Oregon. No one has it and have no idea when they will get it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    By shortcuts, I mean typing in a text string and having it type out my address or an entire paragraph. I use a program on the Palm device called Shortcut5.
    I put my 8525 SIM card into my Treo 750 and all is working well except I cannot connect to Medianet. Any idea on why this would be a problem? I cannot get out to the Internet at all but my e-mail is working great.

Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I put my 8525 SIM card into my Treo 750 and all is working well except I cannot connect to Medianet. Any idea on why this would be a problem? I cannot get out to the Internet at all but my e-mail is working great.

Any help would be appreciated
    Yeah... all of a sudden I can get on the net either... what's going on?
    -jscott
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    By shortcuts, I mean typing in a text string and having it type out my address or an entire paragraph. I use a program on the Palm device called Shortcut5.
    try this:
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=17012
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12