1.    #1  
    I am in the Cingular store at Hwy. 6 and hwy. 59 in Sugar Land and they have the Treo 750 on display
    $ 349.99 after mail in rebate.
    I Want Mine Now..................i Dont Think I Can Wait For Tomorrow Morning....i Am Not Going To Be Able To Sleep Tonight....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73 View Post
    I am in the Cingular store at Hwy. 6 and hwy. 59 in Sugar Land and they have the Treo 750 on display
    $ 349.99 after mail in rebate.
    Yep, they have them in the Conroe (TX.) store also. VERY sweet!
  4.    #4  
    I am home now setting up my new Treo 750-hope it does not lock up and reset every day like my 650 did....
    initial reports seem pretty good. I think we are all mostly going to LOVE this phone...
    any unboxing pics for the rest of us?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    initial reports seem pretty good. I think we are all mostly going to LOVE this phone...
    Anxiously awaiting reports on battery life, ala Treo 680.

Here is ABC News' mini review on the 750:

"The good: The Palm Treo 750 sports a more compact design and comes with integrated Bluetooth, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and world phone capabilities. The Windows-based smart phone also works on Cingular's 3G UMTS network and has push e-mail and the new threaded chat view.

The bad: The Treo 750 will not support Cingular's HSPDA network at launch and doesn't have integrated Wi-Fi. It also has a low-resolution screen and failed to meet the rated battery talk time.

The bottom line: The Palm Treo 750 includes some nice enhancements and offers good usability, but you can get more for your money with the Cingular 8525. "

Interesting comment about the battery.........

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Here is ABC News' mini review on the 750:

"The good: The Palm Treo 750 sports a more compact design and comes with integrated Bluetooth, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and world phone capabilities. The Windows-based smart phone also works on Cingular's 3G UMTS network and has push e-mail and the new threaded chat view.

The bad: The Treo 750 will not support Cingular's HSPDA network at launch and doesn't have integrated Wi-Fi. It also has a low-resolution screen and failed to meet the rated battery talk time.

The bottom line: The Palm Treo 750 includes some nice enhancements and offers good usability, but you can get more for your money with the Cingular 8525. "

Interesting comment about the battery.........

i feel your pain(?) or concern. as we all know, smaller device=smaller battery=shorter battery life; i've come to accept that fact for devices i want and devices that meet my needs. it's that way for the Q, the BlackJack, Hermes, etc.

battery life will vary based on how you use the device. my useage pattern is (1) phone calls (90 mins), (2) 50-80 Exchange emails daily and (3) some web browsing. if i'm using GSM only i can get 16-20hrs a hour day without charging. using UMTS, i'll get 12-16 hours a day without charging. my regular use doesn't inlude streaming video, etc.

phone calls and receiving emails "as they arrive" are the biggest drains on battery life. if i charge for 1-3 hours (via laptop) during the day i can get through a full 24hr day. i also have a second battery for the extra heavy usage days. for some this may not be acceptable... it works for me.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Give the battery life on the 750 some time. I am not sure why but it seems that after the first week of charging and usage the battery life on my 750v got much better. Initially it was pretty bad...
    The most popular thread in the 680 forum is on the battery life on it ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130449). Over 600 posts with over 29,000 views. Very poor performance ranging from hours to a couple of days, nowhere near what Palm says it will do. Granted, the 750 and 680 are built by different companies, so that may make some difference.

As for battery life on small devices, I switched to a Tmobile DASH after giving back my 680. It has much better battery life, and it has WiFi as well. I went this entire weekend doing some web surfing, ebook reading, emails, took some pictures (1.3mp camera) and videos, and watched part of a movie, just testing it out. I used both Tzones from the phone, as well as the WiFi from my home network, and set it up to sync via BlueTooth to my home computer. From Friday night until Sunday night, the battery was down to 53%. If that had been the 680, I would have had to recharge it twice in that time. The DASH only has a 960mah battery, compared to the 1100 for the 680. I'm not wanting to turn this into an us vs. them discussion, only that Palm needs to pay attention when they release a product. On the plus side, both the DASH and the 750 are built by HTC. One minus to the DASH is the lack of a touchscreen. Hopefully there will be some unlocked 750s being sold soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The most popular thread in the 680 forum is on the battery life on it ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130449). Over 600 posts with over 29,000 views. Very poor performance ranging from hours to a couple of days, nowhere near what Palm says it will do. Granted, the 750 and 680 are built by different companies, so that may make some difference.

As for battery life on small devices, I switched to a Tmobile DASH after giving back my 680. It has much better battery life, and it has WiFi as well. I went this entire weekend doing some web surfing, ebook reading, emails, took some pictures (1.3mp camera) and videos, and watched part of a movie, just testing it out. I used both Tzones from the phone, as well as the WiFi from my home network, and set it up to sync via BlueTooth to my home computer. From Friday night until Sunday night, the battery was down to 53%. If that had been the 680, I would have had to recharge it twice in that time. The DASH only has a 960mah battery, compared to the 1100 for the 680. I'm not wanting to turn this into an us vs. them discussion, only that Palm needs to pay attention when they release a product. On the plus side, both the DASH and the 750 are built by HTC. One minus to the DASH is the lack of a touchscreen. Hopefully there will be some unlocked 750s being sold soon.

And one big plus to the Dash battery life is the lack of that touchscreen

But certainly battery life is something that has to be optimized between the software & hardware. There are always tweaks that the devs can do to these things that improve battery life - sometimes at the expense of something else (speed, etc)

I think the best comparison for battery life is to look at the 750v that people have bought from Vodaphone and are using on Cingular. I think the differences between Palm OS on the 680 vs. WM on 750 don't make battery life comparison very useful.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    And one big plus to the Dash battery life is the lack of that touchscreen
    UMTS is a larger battery hog than the touchscreen