1.    #1  
    I am thinking on going the other way cuz I really like the form factor of the new BB Pearl but am curious how it sync's up with outlook for my appointment alarms and such.
    Just curious if you like the transition from a BB.
    I went from Treo 600 to Treo 600+Blackberry 7290 to Treo 700wx+Blackberry.

I hate my blackberry. I know there are newer models out there and I expect that they are easier to use... but the blackberry I own is a step backwards compared with anything Treo.

It does sync up wirelessly with my corporate email, calendar, task list and so on, but all of the integration between phone, email and calendar that you take for granted seems stunted on the blackberry. Web browsing is clunky and the device looks like it was made by fisher price for toddlers. Obviously this isn't an issue with the Pearl, but the one person I know who did have one spent an entire month trying to get video files to play on it which would have played out of the box on any other WM5 device.

If I could only get AnthaVPN or Apani VPN to work on my treo so that I could log in to my corporate network. I would be all set.
  3.    #3  
    Well I don't know how the 750 will be from Cingular but my 700w just sucks for playing any MM. Anytime I try to play any kind of audio or video clips from the
    IE links, they never play complaining of not enough memory. I am fed up with that. Maybe I will check out the 750 first before I try the BB thing but I do sure like the size of the BB compared to the Treo brick....:-)
    I mainly just need my mail and outlook appt. alarms to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    I went from Treo 600 to Treo 600+Blackberry 7290 to Treo 700wx+Blackberry.

I hate my blackberry. I know there are newer models out there and I expect that they are easier to use... but the blackberry I own is a step backwards compared with anything Treo.

It does sync up wirelessly with my corporate email, calendar, task list and so on, but all of the integration between phone, email and calendar that you take for granted seems stunted on the blackberry. Web browsing is clunky and the device looks like it was made by fisher price for toddlers. Obviously this isn't an issue with the Pearl, but the one person I know who did have one spent an entire month trying to get video files to play on it which would have played out of the box on any other WM5 device.

If I could only get AnthaVPN or Apani VPN to work on my treo so that I could log in to my corporate network. I would be all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjayd View Post
    Well I don't know how the 750 will be from Cingular but my 700w just sucks for playing any MM. Anytime I try to play any kind of audio or video clips from the
    IE links, they never play complaining of not enough memory. I am fed up with that. Maybe I will check out the 750 first before I try the BB thing but I do sure like the size of the BB compared to the Treo brick....:-)
    I mainly just need my mail and outlook appt. alarms to work properly.
    Or switch to Sprint and get a dirt cheap data plan ($15 unlimited) and the 700wx which will certainly address your memory problem since the wx has so much more (unless Sprint is not an option for your area).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I had a 7100 BB and replaced it with the 700w. I had a lot of problems with the "push" mail. I frequently did not get emails. Also, the BB browser is weak compared to IE.
    my wife's sanyo phone has as good a browser as my blackberry. beating the blackberry browser is not difficult.
    My wx gets email/calendar/contact info pushed to it instantly, using Exchange ActiveSync. No problems at all. No memory issues either. Awesome.
    Make sure you have access to BES or you will only get quasi push with the BB.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2