1.    #1  
    played with a 700w demo unit at a Verizon store today, and the Calendar function was lightning fast. Mine however is SUPER SLOOOW
    Any thoughts?
    If I want to keep old Calendar files on Outlook, but keep only...say one year...on the Treo, what's the best way to clear the older entries from the Treo?
    Thanks much
    i dont know if this is what you want , but...

while you are connect to active sync, on the pc side of active sync, right click calendar, and you"ll see "settings". here is the option of how much of the past you want to sync. it only goes as far as 6 months unless you select all.

hope this helps, cody
  3.    #3  
    I'd like to keep only the last 6 months on the Treo, but not remove anything from Outlook. Would I have to manually remove what's on the Treo first...then sync using the "6 month" setting?
    Thanks
  4.    #4  
    searching thru posts here...removing reaccuring events etc doesn't do a thing
    no, you dont have to do anything, but make the settings change. this will so nothing to outlook. it just tells pocket outlook how much info to sync from outlook.
  6.    #6  
    okay...it won't remove anything from Outlook...but will it remove everything before the last 6 months from the Treo...or do i have to do that another way?

Greatly appreciate the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    okay...it won't remove anything from Outlook...but will it remove everything before the last 6 months from the Treo...or do i have to do that another way?

Greatly appreciate the help.

Paul G,

Did you ever get this resolved?

I too came over from the PalmOS and had all my calendar entries (>500) synced. But it is slooow to open on the 700wx. If I can clean them off the Treo without losing the historical info on the PC, that would be great.
  8.    #8  
    YES!...there were just too many entries. Setting ActiveSync to sync only the last 6 months of Calendar entries, removes earlier ones from the Treo, but doesn't touch what's in Oulook before that period. The Treo Calendar operation is MUCH faster now, and I'm delighted

Good luck,
    Paul