Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    off topic but Im working off the Palm sling skin.New WM sling skin soon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    If you have a dual tuner cable box/dvr (the motorola one that you get with comcast if you pay for the DVR service), can you control one of the tuners while someone watching tv controls the other, to avoid changing the channel remotely for someone in front of the TV?
    After a fair amount of investigation, I don't think there is a way to do this. Instead, what I've done is run the DVR output to a VCR and then split the VCR output to the Slingbox. On the SlingPlayer, I set up the DVR remote on the S-Video input and the VCR remote on the component input.

I then use the VCR's tuner to change the channel (for the SlingPlayer source) without interfering with the DVR channel. If I want to watch OnDemand/DVR recordings, I can use the SlingPlayer DVR remote to control the DVR and as long as my VCR channel is set on F-1 (for the front panel source), the DVR source comes thru the VCR to the Slingbox.

I haven't had a use for VCR in years, but have one now!
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I'm waiting for three things:
    1. Slingcatcher to come out.
    2. SlingPlayer for my Treo 700p.
    3. Sprint to enable EVDO in my Area.

Al
    Well, we can forecast 1 and 2. Sprint give you a hint on # 3?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Well, we can forecast 1 and 2. Sprint give you a hint on # 3?
    Sprint is been full of it since last year. First it was supposed to be around June 2006, then at the end of 2006, now they are telling me either Q1 2007 or don't have a clue. Given that Verizon enabled EVDO in Modesto around November 2006 I have a feeling that EVDO is not too far from been a reality.
    Al
    Sad to hear. Competition is usually a good thing, but when one provider blankets an area, others don't immediately jump in (e.g. DSL vs Cable).

Sounds like my love/hate relationship with Sprint. Hate the customer service but love my $85 2000 minutes/unlimited data/unlimited SMS plan.

Hope Sprint makes good for you sometime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    If you have a dual tuner cable box/dvr (the motorola one that you get with comcast if you pay for the DVR service), can you control one of the tuners while someone watching tv controls the other, to avoid changing the channel remotely for someone in front of the TV?
    scotty - just found out there is a way to do this - it's the "swap" button on the remote. I had assumed all the PIP buttons were for the customer's TV and wouldn't control the DVR, but sure enough "swap" changes between the tuners. It seems so obvious now I feel embarrassed I didn't think of that before.

For anyone with a Slingbox, the swap button doesn't appear on the graphic remote, but is available via the pulldown "Remote" menu.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12