Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Called around this morning - found a number of stores in Plano that had them in stock. 2 would not sell to me until Monday - one on Tollway had 4 and let them go. All four gone in less than an hour.

    $499 with 2 year extension, kept old plan with better pricing (family plan w/2,000 minutes and data), $100 rebate = $399 total. No longer allow billing to account - have to pay for phone at time of purchase. $541 out the door with $18.00 activation fee. Not elgibile for insurance.

    In and out of store in less than 15 minutes - battery came out of box fully charged and ready to go. SIM card included - kept my old one in 650.

    I must say screen resolution vs. Palm not even noticeable and I already like WM5. Phone quality is great - smaller, lighter and much better 'feel'. Speed of internet access is wonderful! - finally keeping up with how I use the net. I agree with many that I probably won't even miss the Palm OS - already getting the hang of the working differences.

    All in all, already worth the upgrade to me and as good as I expected.
    Jer 23:29
  2. #2  
    I think I hear cingular calling me.

    congrats on you new 750.
  3. #3  
    Your the winner of "first to purchase". Congrats
  4. #4  
    go to dslreports.com/mspeed and do a speed test for us. need to know how fast.
  5. #5  
    JPVann
    - Is 750 unlocked?
    - Can 650 charger be used for 750?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  6. #6  
    Feel like extracting the ROM? Takes 2 minutes and is VERY easy!

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=dumper


    And could you PLEASE go to Start-settings-about and tell me the version? The whole number and parentheses please
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    JPVann
    - Is 750 unlocked?
    - Can 650 charger be used for 750?
    -No
    -Yes
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    JPVann
    - Is 750 unlocked?
    - Can 650 charger be used for 750?
    no, his 750 is not unlocked. he said he had a cingular plan. yes, the chargers do work.
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/05/2007 at 07:10 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    no, his 750 is not unlocked. he said he had a cingular plan. no, the chargers do not work.
    Yes they certainly do. It will not charge via PC like the POS does though. Although even THAT may be 700p only anyway.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Feel like extracting the ROM? Takes 2 minutes and is VERY easy!

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=dumper
    Have you tried using grab_it on the 750? I've had several people try it and we never got a full dump. We had to end up using the Hermes wiki instructions to use pdocread to dump each rom partition then use romtools to extract them.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you tried using grab_it on the 750? I've had several people try it and we never got a full dump. We had to end up using the Hermes wiki instructions to use pdocread to dump each rom partition then use romtools to extract them.
    I have done it before, but it may have been from the Hermes. Not sure. The other method looked very involving and I'm not going to ask someone to do all of that for something they get no benefit from! I'd rather wait until its readily available and get one of the master-hackers to do it.

    They updated the grabit file with a mini-sd version later on also. Not sure if this fixed the problem, although I have noticed that there is no vodaphone ROM on the wiki page; although there WAS an initial Cingular ROM up there for a while.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yes they certainly do. It will not charge via PC like the POS does though. Although even THAT may be 700p only anyway.
    To be sure, are you saying 650 AC charger will charge 750 also?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    To be sure, are you saying 650 AC charger will charge 750 also?
    Yes it will. It is the same as the 650/700's/750.
  14. #14  
    Thanks for posting. I just got mine at a sotre in Frisco. They had three. I bought the first one and a guy was in line for the second one.

    I cannot wait to play with it.
  15. #15  
    DAMMMMMMM...I called every store in Orlando and NOT one has it yet....Some even told me NO release until Feb...Man some of them just dont have a CLUE....GRRRRRRRRRRRR
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Feel like extracting the ROM? Takes 2 minutes and is VERY easy!

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=dumper


    And could you PLEASE go to Start-settings-about and tell me the version? The whole number and parentheses please
    Speed: Getting 350-360 kbit/sec at home in Allen (N Dallas) with 1-2 bars signal.

    Will get the ROM when I buy a mini-SD card tomorrow. WM5 Version number is 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)
    Treo Version: 1.13-CNG
    Firmware: 1.17.20.00
    Last edited by JPVann; 01/05/2007 at 07:10 PM.
    Jer 23:29
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yes they certainly do. It will not charge via PC like the POS does though. Although even THAT may be 700p only anyway.
    I thought the data and charge were seprate on the 750. the older cables had the charger that pluged in to the data, where on the 750 the data part was smaller and the charge part pluged in beside it. I didn't realize that the older chargers still worked.

    my bad. I will edit my post.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Speed: Getting 350-360 kbit/sec at home in Allen (N Dallas) with 1-2 bars signal.

    Will get the ROM when I buy a mini-SD card tomorrow. WM5 Version number is 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)
    Treo Version: 1.13-CNG
    Firmware: 1.17.20.00
    You have NO IDEA how appreciated that will be!
  19. #19  
    What is the deal with the ROM you guys are talking about?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjayd View Post
    What is the deal with the ROM you guys are talking about?
    Anyone who has a treo 750 right now (except for the select few mentioned earlier) have the UNLOCKED VODAPHONE treo 750v. There are some problems with it, which are discussed at great detail in other threads. For some reason I (and a few others) hang on to the false hope that Cingular has updated the ROM to resolve some of the issues that the voda ROM has. In other words, we hope Cingular's ROM is better than the VODAPHONE ROM we already have.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions