Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Anyone who has a treo 750 right now (except for the select few mentioned earlier) have the UNLOCKED VODAPHONE treo 750v. There are some problems with it, which are discussed at great detail in other threads. For some reason I (and a few others) hang on to the false hope that Cingular has updated the ROM to resolve some of the issues that the voda ROM has. In other words, we hope Cingular's ROM is better than the VODAPHONE ROM we already have.
    what problems are you referring to?
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    After reading this thread earlier, I called the Cingular Store located at 99 Broadway Lane in Walnut Creek, CA. Kelsey, at outstanding rep, held one of six 750s they received. I've had it for about and hour and a half.

I paid $499.00 but will get a $100 rebate. Because I work for government, I get a 15% discount on monthly charges and 25% discount on accessories.

I haven't set up my Exchange Server synchronization just yet, but there are definitely things to love about this phone. In the Walnut Creek area I got UMTS. However, I could not remember the link for the speed test. In my home city, Pittsburg, it switched to EDGE. The switch was automatic.

Call quality is superb. Call volume is very good. The speakersphone is actually usable in the car. The phone is not slippery. Nice finish! I think I'll need some time to get accustomed to the smaller keyboard (coming from a TyTn), but the Palm tweaks are impressive. I'll play around with this tonight and Saturday.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    I haven't set up my Exchange Server synchronization just yet, but there are definitely things to love about this phone. In the Walnut Creek area I got UMTS. However, I could not remember the link for the speed test. In my home city, Pittsburg, it switched to EDGE. The switch was automatic.
    www.dslreports/mspeed

Congrats!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    im going NUTS over here....There are already auctions up on ebay!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    WM5 Version number is 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)
    Treo Version: 1.13-CNG
    Firmware: 1.17.20.00
    As expected. Vodaphones firmware version is 1.12.0a.00
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks for the link. One of the things I'm discovering is that I'm on the fringe of Cingular's 3G network. That means for the most part, while I'm at home and work in Pittsburg, I get EDGE speeds. The average speed is 115kbps. Unfortunately, that is no different from the speeds I got on my Trinity via T-Mobile's EDGE network. So, if I am not getting any difference, I'm not sure how worthwhile it is to give up the Trinity for the Treo (notwithstanding the form factor and great tweaks from Palm). So, for those who are getting the Treo to achieve those higher network speeds, be sure Cingular is covering your area with the 3G network.
    David
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    WM5 Version number is 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)
    Treo Version: 1.13-CNG
    Firmware: 1.17.20.00
    Isn't that the same version as the earlier leaked Cingular ROM
    I Hope Not!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12