View Poll Results: Do you use CLEARTYPE?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 70.45%
  • No

13 29.55%
  • I switch back and forth (details why posted please)

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    With all the negative threads lately, I figured I throw a "just-for-kicks" one out there for some discussion. Do you use it?

I used it when I first bought the device. Then I turned it off and thought it made the screen clearer. A few weeks ago I turned it on again and have been using it since. It definitely takes away from the crispness of the fonts, but I guess its aesthetically more pleasing. Post your opinions here!
    I don't use it. To me it makes text look fuzzy.
    I don't use it either. I think it makes the fonts look blury. I like the nice crisp fonts. I don't no why thay call it clear type. it should be called blury type. lol
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The true magic of ClearType happens when you try to read a webpage in opera mobile at 75% zoom, fonts are actually readable, not possible without ClearType.
    Yeah, I've never understood cleartype..things look fuzzy, gives me a headache (not really).

I don't use in Windows XP either, I just don't get it..
    I prefer cleartype and it appears that most people answering this poll do also.
    Love cleartype - that, along with making the fonts one tick smaller, makes the overall experience of the device MUCH better, to me. Love it.
    I just got my Treo 700WX and tried ClearType, but the text in the settings menu seemed fuzzy. I'll try using it with different programs and see how I like it.
    I like how sharp it is without cleartype, but I also dislike how "cheap" the fonts look without it. I feel like I am looking at an old calculator or a dos window on my computer with it off because the fonts look so blocky.

I wish the truetype had an adjustment tool like it does on Windows XP.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    What Stroth's said.

dunno if this does anyting? Probably not.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does anyone have the link to the newest version of cleartype that everyone is using? All ive found is version 1.0 for the pocket pc 2002.
    I keep trying it thinking it's going to make things somehow better, but I hate it on the small screen. On a large monitor, there's no beating it. But for some reason, it's painful on the Treo's screen.

That being said, I'm curious to see what Mal's reference does for me...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    When I first switched it on, I too thought it was fuzzy. However, I got used to it pretty quick and definitely like the look of the fonts more.