Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I mean that T-Mobile can't use the 3G. Of course, users can still use the device with the GSM/GPRS/EDGE radio.
    Of course the phone would have to be unlocked to accept the T-Mobile SIM as well.

If I buy a 750 through Cingular, can anyone reccomend a reliable service that can unlock it?

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    www.imei-check.com; you can contact them to see if they're unlocking the Cingular version of the the 750. they already provide unlocking for the Vodofone version (re: 750V). i've used them many times to unlock my smartphones..
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    www.gsmphonesource.com and it doesnt require the use of software and cables. Just submit your imei and you get an unlock code with instructions on how to enter it.
    I mean that T-Mobile can't use the 3G. Of course, users can still use the device with the GSM/GPRS/EDGE radio.
    Which brings the question: Will TMo ever upgrade its networks? Aside from using the Windows WM5 OS, any other connectivity via TMo is slow lagging behind the three major cellular providers.
    given that the 3G capability is a huge feature it would seem silly for me to seek out an unlocked version to run with T-Mo (my carrier). then again, an unlocked phone has its merits. EDGE isn't that bad but i do know that it's slower than EVDO.

decisions decisions!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Maybe a stupid question but is it risky to send an imei number to anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Which brings the question: Will TMo ever upgrade its networks? Aside from using the Windows WM5 OS, any other connectivity via TMo is slow lagging behind the three major cellular providers.
    Tmobile spent major dollars last year acquiring a company and the FCC bandwidth to do 3G. It received a lot of new coverage at the time, and was widely reported that this was a move that could move them into the #1 spot in US carriers. But since that time, nothing. I thought that maybe there would be an announcement at CES, but so far they are quiet. This was one of the reasons I stayed with them instead of changing carriers. But this time I only renewed for a one year contract.

To be fair, this is the same situation for 90% of Cingular's customers as well. Hell, I live in a 3g supported area, but can't even get a single bar on UMTS when at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but is it risky to send an imei number to anyone?
    The short answer is no, especially when dealing with a company that specializes in remote unlocking by imei. Your imei is only used to lookup its corresponding unlock code in a database
    No offense but the idea that T-Mobile announcing 3G could lift them to #1 is ridiculous. Everyone but T-Mobile has 3G. All that would do is prevent them from falling farther behind. I had T-Mobile for several years. Once they made their announcement I left because it was clear their choice of different frequencies than anyone else was going to restrict the device that would work with their network.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Tmobile spent major dollars last year acquiring a company and the FCC bandwidth to do 3G. It received a lot of new coverage at the time, and was widely reported that this was a move that could move them into the #1 spot in US carriers. But since that time, nothing. I thought that maybe there would be an announcement at CES, but so far they are quiet. This was one of the reasons I stayed with them instead of changing carriers. But this time I only renewed for a one year contract.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    bcaslis

Now I know that you are a true phone addict. You replaced your 750v avatar with a product that does not exist yet Hope the iPhone pairs with your car. Maybe you just have the wrong car, so instead of buying new PDAs, just buy new cars
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    No offense but the idea that T-Mobile announcing 3G could lift them to #1 is ridiculous. Everyone but T-Mobile has 3G. All that would do is prevent them from falling farther behind. I had T-Mobile for several years. Once they made their announcement I left because it was clear their choice of different frequencies than anyone else was going to restrict the device that would work with their network.
    It wasn't Tmobile that announced that 3G would take them to #1. It was an analysis by the Wall Street Journal of the way the FCC was dividing up the airwaves, and how the money that Tmobile spent would pay off in the long run. They recently paid over $4 Billion for a company and the frequencies to implement this service. The analysis said that move could, along with the quailty of service they have, move them into the #1 position. It was just an analysis, not a statement, and not by Tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by gsqr View Post
    To be fair, this is the same situation for 90% of Cingular's customers as well. Hell, I live in a 3g supported area, but can't even get a single bar on UMTS when at home.
    This has been my experience as well. On that basis, in part, I saw no virtue in switching from T-Mobile to Cingular where I would pay more money for less minutes and double the money for the same data speeds where I work and live.
    David
    I ask to simoncells he have the treo 750 unlocked from vodafone they told me that is suppose t work just fine, i expect to receive the 750 in a few days to see what happens, as with suncom wireless as carrier.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12