Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I remember someone was asking how to change the calendar to open to the month view by default. I stumbled onto how to do this reading some Microsoft presentation I found here.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...l%20Sampat.pdf

Anyway, on page 11 of the presentation it shows that poutlook has several parameters you can pass to it.

poutlook.exe calendar -vx (x = a, d, w, m, y, l)
    poutlook.exe calendar -dx (x = yyyymmdd)
    poutlook.exe calendar -new
    poutlook.exe contacts
    poutlook.exe tasks

I assumed that -vm meant view month so I tried it and sure enough, it worked! If you want to try it you can use Resco Explorer to edit the Calendar.lnk shortcut under \Windows\Start_Menu folder. Change the properties target to the following.

:MSPoutlook calendar -vm?outres.dll,-10002

Enjoy your new calendar behavior.
    very nice. once agian... you be da man.
    I don't understand something. on my wx, if while i'm in calendar I hit menu and select to view month, it remembers this setting the next time I open calendar. it is still set to view month after a hard reset. am I missing something? is this more of a w thing vs a wx thing?
    this was the thread that started it all

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=calendar+view

looks like it stills work different for different people.
    maybe hannips trick will help the others that were having this problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I don't understand something. on my wx, if while i'm in calendar I hit menu and select to view month, it remembers this setting the next time I open calendar. it is still set to view month after a hard reset. am I missing something? is this more of a w thing vs a wx thing?
    Dunno, I don't get that behavior on my 700wx. It always opens to the day view when I open the calendar from the calendar plugin even if I select to view month close and open again. It seems to work differently for some. I wonder if it is based on heuristics. hmm

Edit: Figured it out. If you use Magic Button or a similar task manager to close programs instead of minimize them the calendar view will work like Cody says. If you just minimize programs leaving them running in the background then the next time you run calendar it opens to the day view.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you use Magic Button or a similar task manager to close programs instead of minimize them the calendar view will work like Cody says. If you just minimize programs leaving them running in the background then the next time you run calendar it opens to the day view.
    your right, it only took four months to figure out why it was working for some and not others.

good job hannip.

anyway, your first post should surely fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    poutlook.exe calendar -vx (x = a, d, w, m, y, l)
    poutlook.exe calendar -dx (x = yyyymmdd)
    poutlook.exe calendar -new
    poutlook.exe contacts
    poutlook.exe tasks

Hrmm, I am a little confused on what this does? The default view when you open the calendar is to the current day, this will change that.

What does the poutlook.exe contacts do? Is the contacts application part of poutlook (which would make sense).

When I open contacts, am I really opening poutlook (but the contacts part)?

Whats that last part do? View month at a large resolution?
    OK, i got resco explorer, but i cannot find the Calendar.lnk shortcut under \Windows\Start_Menu folder. i get to \Windows\Start_Menu folder then i see
    program & setting with neither in either. What am I doing wrong ?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by d-wells View Post
    OK, i got resco explorer, but i cannot find the Calendar.lnk shortcut under \Windows\Start_Menu folder. i get to \Windows\Start_Menu folder then i see
    program & setting with neither in either. What am I doing wrong ?
    You might need to change your Resco settings to view all files.

In Resco click Menu-File-Options and select the Browser tab. Select "Show all files" and uncheck the boxes for "Hide files in ROM", "Hide folders" and "Hide file-extensions".
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Hrmm, I am a little confused on what this does? The default view when you open the calendar is to the current day, this will change that.
    Yes. This will change the view to month when you select Calendar from the start menu.

What does the poutlook.exe contacts do? Is the contacts application part of poutlook (which would make sense).

When I open contacts, am I really opening poutlook (but the contacts part)?
    You got it.

Whats that last part do? View month at a large resolution?
    The "?outres.dll,-10002" part chooses the icon to display for the shortcut.
  11. CK1
    I tried this using the trial download of resco and I couldn't get it to work. I get to calendar.ink but I can't get the properties section to modify the listing. Any ideas or can someone walk me thru this?
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I tried this using the trial download of resco and I couldn't get it to work. I get to calendar.ink but I can't get the properties section to modify the listing. Any ideas or can someone walk me thru this?
    Hey hannip awesome find I really needed this makes my scheduling alot easier.

As for resco I just used explorer and open hold the stylus down on calender.lnk until a menu comes up the goto open with note. Make your changes and viola. Hope this helps
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Top and hold on the calendar.lnk and a popup menu will appear. At the bottom of that menu is a Properties option (you have to scroll the menu down to get to it). Select that and go to the Shortcut tab. You can edit it there.
  14. CK1
    Great! Thanks, I'll give it a try and let ya'll know how it goes.
  15. CK1
    Ok, I tried it out and was able to change the line by using notes. I had a problem with that line so I went back to the old one and I typed the following in from the old line.

OLD: 21#:MScalendar?outres.dll,-10002

Put in: 21#:MScalendar-vm?outres.dll,-10002. I even tried the space between "calendar" and "-". What gives? It still gives me the same view as when I got the thing?

Were you all doingthis on the 700WX?
    Last edited by CK1; 01/28/2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: modified
  16.    #16  
    The original shortcut has the following
    :MSCALENDAR?outres.dll,-10002

The suggested change for month view is

I use the year view
    :MSPoutlook calendar -vy?outres.dll,-10002
  17. CK1
    Hannip you are the bomb. I can't say thanks enough. i just tried that way and it worked. I first took out that "21#". I'm so new to this I feel dumb. Is there a way once I get my phone setup the way I want to back it up so I have everything ringers, reg. edits, etc saved in case the worst happens? I.E. hard resets?
  18.    #18  
    There are 3 popular backup programs you can use.

Sprite backup (free from palm website)
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html

Spb Backup (not free, but easiest to use imo. I use this)
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en

SKTools backup (Never tried it, but SKTools is awesome!)
    http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html
    TreoCentral has been very helpful, I followed the directions to change the calendar to monthly view, it worked correctly. However, today I went to view my calendar and it was back to the old view
    The only change I made was I installed and used sprite backup.
    I checked the values under properties and they are the suggested ones.
    Ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Well I solved part of my problem, I sent a shortcut to the today screen and have an icon that pulls up the correct calendar (using Resco).
    Problem: How do you I change the calendar that the today screen brings up. (It displays no upcoming appointments), but when I click on it...it's that weekly view.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast