1.    #1  
    I am currently a T-mobile customer and I want to get either an unlocked 750v or a unlocked 750 from cingular my question is will I still be able to use the internet and all of the other features on the phone on the T-mobile side even if it's from another carrier I have never used an unlocked PDA before if someone can give me some info here as to what I'm getting myself into here I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanx
    Jason
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkj View Post
    I am currently a T-mobile customer and I want to get either an unlocked 750v or a unlocked 750 from cingular my question is will I still be able to use the internet and all of the other features on the phone on the T-mobile side even if it's from another carrier I have never used an unlocked PDA before if someone can give me some info here as to what I'm getting myself into here I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanx
    Jason
    You will be able to use the Internet but not at 3G speed. I don't believe you can buy an unlocked 750 from Cingular. You're better off buying an unlocked one from Palm, if, in fact it does sell them online. You would be able to use all of the phone functions, though.
  3.    #3  
    Well since I can't use the 3G on the T-mobile end, will I still be able to get broadband speeds in the metro cities, for example the treo 700wx for sprint has EVDO I live outside of chicago and my friend gets a 1x signal for the internet, however when we are in chicago he gets an EVDO signal which is much faster than 1x, I guess I'm basically wondering if an unlocked 750 on a different carrier will still pickup my carriers internet speeds or if it will stay just as 1.

Thank you
    ??? You are on T-Mobile, you will only get EDGE speeds no matter what any other carrier offers. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers and this phone isn't compatible with their networks. Your only way to get faster speeds is to get Cingular.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkj View Post
    Well since I can't use the 3G on the T-mobile end, will I still be able to get broadband speeds in the metro cities, for example the treo 700wx for sprint has EVDO I live outside of chicago and my friend gets a 1x signal for the internet, however when we are in chicago he gets an EVDO signal which is much faster than 1x, I guess I'm basically wondering if an unlocked 750 on a different carrier will still pickup my carriers internet speeds or if it will stay just as 1.

Thank you
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    bcaslis is spot on... i have a an unlocked 750v that i use on T-Mobile and Cingular. T-Mobile Edge is plenty fast for me for email, etc. the phone works great on T-Mobile. needless to say, UMTS on Cingular is way faster than Edge. call quality on both T-Mobile and Cingular is very good...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD