1.    #1  
    I have a 700w that I connect to my work MS Exchange server. I would also like to receive the emails from my gmail account. I tried setting up the email POP3 account. This works, but quite often, I end up downloading all my emails even thought they have already been read on the Treo. Occasionally, I am able to delete the email on the Treo and it subsequently goes into the trash folder on the gmail account. I have not tried the gmail Java app yet, so feedback on its functionality would be great. Push for the gmail account would be great, but at this point a stable access is all I'm looking for. Looked at Mail2web, but I can't seem to find a way to run 2 MS Exchange server account on the Treo.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Boris
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Have you tried pop forwarding gmail to a imap mail provider like fastmail.fm and setting up an imap account on the 700?

Your mail would still be archived on google's server.

Fastmail has a 10mb free account as well as some expanded options for a fee.
    Just fwd your mail to the ES account. For 2.00/month you can reply from your gmail address using mail2web
  4.    #4  
    I can forward to ES account like mail2web, but Treo 700w doesn't support multiple exchange servers. Or at least I don't know how to set a 2nd one up.
    -Boris
    what about forwarding gmail to your work exchange account. that way you could have your gmail return address. and only use 1 exhacnge server
  6.    #6  
    If I forward all my emails from the gmail account onto the work Exchange server, then the contents of the emails becomes the "property" of my work IT group......Not a good thing.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?? I can't be the only one with a work Exchange server and gmail.

Thanks.
    Boris
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaushansky View Post
    If I forward all my emails from the gmail account onto the work Exchange server, then the contents of the emails becomes the "property" of my work IT group......Not a good thing.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?? I can't be the only one with a work Exchange server and gmail.

Thanks.
    Boris
    I have a Palm OS treo but if I understand you correctly you already have an Exchange account and a pop account setup in pocket Outlook. Your problem is pop download. If you can setup an IMAP account as well as you Exchange account, I again you suggest you POP forward your gmail to an IMAP provider of your choice and setup your Treo with that protocol. IMAP is simply a superior protocol for e-mail.
    login to mail2web and in your control panel look at your services, the settings for activesync are listed there. Enter the settings into activsysnc on your treo and you should have Exchange setup.

likewise for work Exchange. You can only have 1 exchange account setup --

I use gmail, hotmail and exchange on my treo 700wx. I added gmail and hotmail manually -- then setup exchange in the activesysnc program.
  9.    #9  
    linxcod,

How do you have gmail setup? My work must go throught the exchange server via activesync. I tried forwarding the gmail to mail2web then manually setup an account on the Treo in IMAP4 format to link to mail2web. While this works for incoming and outgoing mail, a copy of the outgoing does not appear on my gmail account.

-Boris
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaushansky View Post
    I have a 700w that I connect to my work MS Exchange server. I would also like to receive the emails from my gmail account.
    I use 4Smartphone.net and it works great. I forward my gmail emails to my 4Smartphone exchange server. On the desktop (WinXP and Mac) I use the 4Smartphone exhcange server as well, so I can enter data on either platform, and it all sync's over the phone network.

No more local activesync.

trio