Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I have the ''hide lookup field'' selected with the hack to hide the ''sprint'' & Bluetooth bar. On my today screen I have SPB Weather (small 4 day view), SPB Diary (auto resize with 60 minimum) & text messaging on my today screen. Very minimal. Every time I look up a contact, the entire screen starts dancing and shifting to resize for the ''now visible'' contact field. It bogs down what I was calling ''a snappy device''.

I also tried it with SPB diary set at the smallest footprint on the today screen but unless there is enough room to fit the lookup field and the ''sprint'' & Bluetooth bar, it puts everything on the today screen and starts to resize while slooooooowing down everything.

Any ideas like permanently getting rid of that damn sprint bar rather than hiding with the lookup field? This is by far the fastest WM phone I've had and this is my only concern...

thanks
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Anything??? hmm.
    dude I have to tell you that those all those Today plugins are your problem, not the hiding of the lookup field.

Try this - uncheck or otherwise delete all those plugins. Then see how the performance is with the Lookup field hidden. Then re-enable or re-install all those plugins, and compare.

I've tested most of all those same apps - Weather, Diary, blah blah - and they ended all bogging down the Today screen way too much for me. I also have the Lookup field hidden, and I have instant Today screen response. I have no third party Today screen plugins other than Newsbreak, which I specifically kept because it did NOT bog down things down.

Check all that out and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    dude I have to tell you that those all those Today plugins are your problem, not the hiding of the lookup field.

Try this - uncheck or otherwise delete all those plugins. Then see how the performance is with the Lookup field hidden. Then re-enable or re-install all those plugins, and compare.

I've tested most of all those same apps - Weather, Diary, blah blah - and they ended all bogging down the Today screen way too much for me. I also have the Lookup field hidden, and I have instant Today screen response. I have no third party Today screen plugins other than Newsbreak, which I specifically kept because it did NOT bog down things down.

Check all that out and see what happens.

Well let me rephrase that... It doesn't bog it down, I just hate that the side bar appears when you have anything on the today screen that won't fit when the lookup field becomes "unhidden".

I'll deal with it. No biggie...