Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this subject has been treated before, at least didn't find it in any search.

Yesterday, just as a test, I set the mail to check automatically every 15 minutes, and 2 hours later, the battery had fallen from a 99% to a 80%

Is this normal??
    Yes, pocket outlook manual send/recieve uses a ton of juice. I highly recommend 4smartphone or mail2web, or any other exchange server host you can find
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yes, pocket outlook manual send/recieve uses a ton of juice. I highly recommend 4smartphone or mail2web, or any other exchange server host you can find
    Thanks, but those servers won't help that I have to manually check the mail I regret
    You can manually synchronize exchange, but 4smartphone is not free and the free mail2web doesn't let you Send as your original email address (you'll be sending as blah@mail2web.com).

What I do is forward my email to an imap account which is much more efficient than POP3. AIM mail offers free imap.

Edit: If you have no other alternative, change your intervals to 30 minutes or more.
    MAIL2WEB service is TRUE PUSH MAIL, no manual checking necessary unless you set it up to manually check instead of push. It also syncs your contacts, notes, and calendar WITH EASE.

And for 2.00/MONTH you can set the account up to reply from your gmail address, NOT the mail2web address. Very convenient.
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 01/05/2007 at 01:52 PM.