Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This may sound like a newbie question but I'm indeed new to WinMob and Treo. I didn't see an option with Active Sync that allows you to control the flow of information - e.g. sync in, sync out or both direction (Nokia has this option). I'm assuming that ActiveSync will sync in both direction. Normally I would use it to sync my contacts, calendar and tasks.

1) If i decide to hard reset Treo and immediately sync it with Outlook, does that mean current information will be restored to Treo or all would be lost to both Treo and Outlook?

2) If I have another notebook with a new Outlook set up with a different email account, can I keep them both in sync? Will it be messed up?

3) Should I transfer the Outlook contacts and calendar PST file first to the new notebook before sync-ing it with Treo? Does it work?

Thanks!
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    1. no, info will stay on outlook (pc) and then be synced to treo.

2.contacts can only be synced to one pc. same goes for email, tasks, and email. unless you use an exchange (push)

3. it doesn't hurt to have a copy of the pst. but like i said in #2, you can only sync info with one pc.

now you can sync email with the work computer and calendar with the home computer, but not with both. does this make since?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    It does make sense. Thanks! I will explore more features on my Treo. It's a great device as compared to my previous Nokia N70.
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]