Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i thought i saw a black option a while ago on the site... was i wrong? i have the seidio black rubberized case and a black antenna cap would totally complete the look
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Sorry, I ran out of stock on the black ones. I'm trying to fill my stock up but at the moment I have no estimate as to when this will be.
    Black antennas will be back in stock within a few days for both 650 and 700.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Black antennas will be back in stock within a few days for both 650 and 700.
    zoti, do you have the short antenna in stock for the verizon 2 for the treo 700wx in blue?
    No. There were some manufacturing delays which I'm trying to solve as I'm writing this. I will post when I have them in stock.
    The short antenna for Treo 700 is now back in stock in all 3 colors.
    Zoti, received my antenna and in very short order. Thanks!! I have a small issue though. On the outer rear corner of the antenna, there is a 1mm overhang over the antenna feature on the body of the phone. Everywhere else its perfectly flush. Tried to wiggle it around but still protrudes. Please advise. Thanks.

Jeff Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Zoti, received my antenna and in very short order. Thanks!! I have a small issue though. On the outer rear corner of the antenna, there is a 1mm overhang over the antenna feature on the body of the phone. Everywhere else its perfectly flush. Tried to wiggle it around but still protrudes. Please advise. Thanks.

Jeff Christ
    The new model is a unified antenna for both the 650 and 700. There is a very small difference between the original antenna of the 650 and the original antenna of the 700 which shows as a very small overhang as you call it. It's hardly 0.5 of a mm and you can try loosening the antenna screw a bit, pushing the antenna in to remove the overhang and tightening the screw.
    I'm attaching a picture of the antennas installed on a Treo 700 and Treo 650 to give some more idea about the color option.

I just received my "short" antena for my Verizon Treo 700wx. It was easy enough to install, however I was NOT able to salvage and replace the "tamper" sticker, it just tor to pieces! I also should mention that finding a #5 torx screwdriver was not easy. I finally found one (actually just the "bit") at my local Ace Hardware store for $1. So I saved some money, but I'm not sure it was worth it. Perhaps I should have just ordered the antenna with the screwdriver and not had make a special trip out to find the bit.

So far... content. I'll have to see how it performs over the next few days. The "short" antenna on my phone is not a perfect fit. It hangs over the inside edge just a little, but I'm probably being overly critical.

In retrospect however, I would have ordered the "black" one for my Verizon Treo 700wx. The "dark grey", that was recomended, is signficantly lighter in color than the rest of the phone. Granted the "black" would likely be a little darker, but I think black is an accepted "default" color and therefore I feel it would be a better match.

Tom
    The reason I sell the T5 screwdriver is because it is so hard to find. When I first started with this whole project of the short antenna I tried to find one myself for quite a while. Then I decided to carry the T5 for the customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    I just received my "short" antena for my Verizon Treo 700wx. It was easy enough to install, however I was NOT able to salvage and replace the "tamper" sticker, it just tor to pieces! I also should mention that finding a #5 torx screwdriver was not easy. I finally found one (actually just the "bit") at my local Ace Hardware store for $1. So I saved some money, but I'm not sure it was worth it. Perhaps I should have just ordered the antenna with the screwdriver and not had make a special trip out to find the bit.

So far... content. I'll have to see how it performs over the next few days. The "short" antenna on my phone is not a perfect fit. It hangs over the inside edge just a little, but I'm probably being overly critical.

In retrospect however, I would have ordered the "black" one for my Verizon Treo 700wx. The "dark grey", that was recomended, is signficantly lighter in color than the rest of the phone. Granted the "black" would likely be a little darker, but I think black is an accepted "default" color and therefore I feel it would be a better match.

Tom
    Can you post a picture of the fit so I can see where the problem is?
    Can you post a picture of the fit so I can see where the problem is?
    Zoti,

I've tried about a half a dozon times to get picture of it, but I had difficulty shooting "close up". I finally got something which I attached here. Again it is minor.

I was however mistaken about where the overlap was. It is actually towards the back and towards the outside (left) of the phone where the antenna is slightly larger and overhangs the rest of the opening for the antenna "hole". Everywhere else it lines up VERY well!

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zoti,

I've tried about a half a dozon times to get picture of it, but I had difficulty shooting "close up". I finally got something which I attached here. Again it is minor.

I was however mistaken about where the overlap was. It is actually towards the back and towards the outside (left) of the phone where the antenna is slightly larger and overhangs the rest of the opening for the antenna "hole". Everywhere else it lines up VERY well!

Tom
    I have a very easy solution but first let me explain why this "hang" might happen.

The Treo 700 is a little bit different than the 650. The 650 has a rim on the top of the antenna hole that makes the cap (top of antenna) sit exactly in place. The 700 antenna hole is a bit different and the rim is only in the back part of the antenna hole (you will see it when you install the antenna).

To solve the problem I simply took some paper sticker and cut a very thin line of it. It's about 2-3mm think and 40mm long. I then cut the strip to get about 5-6 pieces that are 2-3mm thick and 6-7mm long. I stacked them on the antenna body one on top of the other right under the "hang" area (see first picture). This pushes the antenna in the right direction and places the cap dead center as you can see in the second picture.

The sticker is the white rectangle under the "hang" area.

The fit is perfect now.
    just ordered one!! can't wait to get it
    How well does this antenna work? I work in a tough envronment now, sometimes there is no signal at all. I would like to have the shorter antenna but cant sacrifice much in the way of performance.
    It'll ship tomorrow.

thanks ill post pic up when i get it
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Tom
    Agree...I am also a satisfied customer...
    zoti:

Glad to see the 700 anntennas are back in stock!

I just placed my order.

Looking forward to installing and using it!

Thanks!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast