Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's the presentation for the announcement on Sunday. Available in cingular stores, cingular online, Palm.com, and B2B teams on Monday!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...e-and-release/

Here's an INTERNAL presentation. I'm assuming that this is what Palm is using to present to Cingular. Outlines both Treos, 750 and 680.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...-presentation/
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 01/05/2007 at 08:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    One of the web links in the presentation does not work yet.

http://www.cingular.com/tutorials/treo750
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    One of the web links in the presentation does not work yet.

http://www.cingular.com/tutorials/treo750
    probably because it hasn't gone live yet. I bet everything will go live at once on the 8th.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Here's the presentation for the announcement on Sunday. Available in cingular stores, cingular online, Palm.com, and B2B teams on Monday!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...e-and-release/
    Give it 2 to 3 weeks for it to filter to all stores.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Give it 2 to 3 weeks for it to filter to all stores.
    well, just like any other phone release. I'll be on premier on monday morning ordering this.
    well, just like any other phone release. I'll be on premier on monday morning ordering this.
    I have a 120 buck credit for a h700 headset I returned awhile back. Plus my corp discount, I should do ok.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I have a 120 buck credit for a h700 headset I returned awhile back. Plus my corp discount, I should do ok.
    Once I sell my 8525, I'll be ahead
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Looks like I will be returning my cingular 8525 on monday. Luckily I have only had it for a couple weeks and am still within the 30 grace period. The 8525 is nice, I am not a big fan of the slide out keyboard. I just hope it is really the 8th this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerjet View Post
    Looks like I will be returning my cingular 8525 on monday. Luckily I have only had it for a couple weeks and am still within the 30 grace period. The 8525 is nice, I am not a big fan of the slide out keyboard. I just hope it is really the 8th this time.
    I am staring at my Cingular return labels right now for my 8525. What perfect timing! I initially really liked the 8525 but over the last few weeks I have had to reset it WAY too many tiems and the lock ups are driving my crazy. I cannot wait to get my hands on this thing!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerjet View Post
    I've had the 8525 and the 8125 and they're both good devices. However, the form factor leaves much to be desired. The only real sacrifice I'll be making switching to the 750 is the 320x240 screen, but its something that I'm more than ready to accept for the other advantages.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is there an on-screen phone number keypad on Windows Mobile?
    life is good.
    I like in the ppt presentation, the Advantages slide list the ones heard often here vs other smartphones (Pearl, Q, Dash, etc):

Touchscreen, Copy & Paste, Built in Viewers and Editors

Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I've had the 8525 and the 8125 and they're both good devices. However, the form factor leaves much to be desired. The only real sacrifice I'll be making switching to the 750 is the 320x240 screen, but its something that I'm more than ready to accept for the other advantages.
    You will not miss the 320x240 screen, in my opinion, IF you stop actively trying to compare it to one. Just use the device, and it won't seem like it's horrible.
    I had a treo 650 for 2 years and the 240x240 screen fits more text on each line at the smallest font than the 650 did with fonts4os 5. The palm os wastes alot of space, so esp if you are coming from a 650, i would venture to say that you won't notice anything amiss except the pure joys of multi-tasking and an OS that unfortunately truly has leapfrogged palm, and unfortunately 100% of the blame rests on palm. People think I'm crazy but in 5-7 years I think we're going to be lamenting the demise of the ipod, too. What microsoft wants, it gets eventually. That's what you can accomplish with an unlimited budget. Sad, but true.
    You are crazy. The problem with Palm OS wasn't that Microsoft did so great, it was that Palmsource and the board of directors completely messed up. The idea of spinning out Palmsource was stupid and it wasted years on Cobalt.

Apple is much more focused on it's products. They continue to update and bring out new iPods faster than the competition. Microsoft isn't like to win against the iPod since it's clear by the Zune that they don't get it yet. Really, brown with green tints? Oh yeah that much better than black white and chrome (and of course pink for the girls).

Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    People think I'm crazy but in 5-7 years I think we're going to be lamenting the demise of the ipod, too. What microsoft wants, it gets eventually. That's what you can accomplish with an unlimited budget. Sad, but true.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    You will not miss the 320x240 screen, in my opinion, IF you stop actively trying to compare it to one. Just use the device, and it won't seem like it's horrible.
    I had a treo 650 for 2 years and the 240x240 screen fits more text on each line at the smallest font than the 650 did with fonts4os 5.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the 650 have a 320x320 screen? I'd check, but I traded mine in for an hp6515 and then a BB8700 almost a year ago...

Cannot wait until Monday... I'm ordering mine through premier.. First time to order -- do they have a fedex shipping option?

mG
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GardnerMS View Post
    Cannot wait until Monday... I'm ordering mine through premier.. First time to order -- do they have a fedex shipping option?

mG
    Premier ships Fedex overnight
    I just got another blackjack delivered today from premier....Needless to say it is going back after 24 hours. 750 HERE WE COME!
    THIS IS OFFER ANOTHER POST....BUT MAKES ME WONDER IF WE MAY SEE IT ON THE PREMIER SITE TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT???

A BMG Bulletin will be sent out later today covering all product details, including pricing. The CSP page will go live later this week and will include all product documentation and collateral. Devices are not yet available in the BMG Equipment pool, but will be available for launch. Devices for DSCs and DSC Directors will be sent by Palm. We are working out the shipping timeline with them now.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    What is the url for Premier?
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast