Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The 750 is 3G which means UMTS. What it doesn't have is HSDPA which is a software upgrade to UMTS for faster data speeds. But UMTS itself is still 3G, typical data downloads are about 300kbit/sec. With HSDPA it can be 2 - 3x faster.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by socalax View Post
    My Cingular rep, (who has the 750 in stock) says the 750 is not 3G capable. What gives?
    Yea, some ***** at the Cingular store told me the same thing, then I told him that it was UMTS capable and he's like oh yea, it's 3G, its just not superfast 3G I threw out UMTS and HSDPA and he just looked at me with a blank stare.
    Ask the Cingular rep if his DSL gives him 30mb down speed. If he says no, then tell him he actually has dial up, because he does not have the superfast DSL
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    My guess is $649.
    Wish Palm will provide a trade in for my 650
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  5.    #45  
    what condition is it in? sell it on ebay or craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    what condition is it in? sell it on ebay or craigslist.
    Exactly what will be happening with mine one I get my new 750. Should still get a decent price since it is in mint condition.
    Im glad I am not the only one who has realized that most Cingular reps DONT have a clue what they are selling. Some stores I called today told me the phone wont be out until Feb....CRAZZZZZY!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Im glad I am not the only one who has realized that most Cingular reps DONT have a clue what they are selling. Some stores I called today told me the phone wont be out until Feb....CRAZZZZZY!
    It's not that the reps don't have a clue (some don't, that is true) but many of the reps have to find out their information on upcoming phones from phonescoop, engadget etc and clearly they are under the assumption that the last word from phonescoop about the delay until February is still accurate.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    FYI: none of the Chicago stores have it yet.
    just purchased one here in the los angeles area.....didn't want to wait for an unbranded one given that T-Mo (my other carrier, along with vz) won't be able to take advantage of 3G just yet.

i will say this: i'm HIGHLY impressed with the finish.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  11.    #51  
    Not on premier or the regular cingular site....good going cingular.
    Can't buy on palm.com, not listed on cingular.com, stores outside southern california, texas, and philadephia don't seem to have any or have any clue.

What an impressive launch, huh? Geez, when was the last new product launch that you know of that couldn't be at least ordered or preordered on some website?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123