1.    #1  
    Hey all, hope you had a good New Year.

I'm a long time reader first time poster.

I recently purchased a Treo 700wx and so far I've been VERY happy with it.

I'll keep my question to the point - I cannot get my Outlook 2007 contacts to sync with the contacts on my Treo.

The damn thing will sync my calendar, appointments, etc, with no problems at all - but it never syncs my contacts. I've navigated to the "ActiveSync" program on the Treo and under "Options" it allows you to select what you want to sync. However, the "check box" beside 'Contacts' is greyed out, and it will not let me check it off. (everything else is white and checked)

Any thoughts at all guys, it would seriously save me hours punching in contacts on the Treo using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
    i'm having this same problem today. before with outlook 2003 contacts sync automatically after i did a hard reset on my 700wx. after i installed outlook 2007, my contacts did not sync up. anyone has a solutions. i need to get my contacts back on my treo.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    it's my understanding that palm hasn't released sync software compatible with office 2007 yet. Sure hope they hurry up! My office machine was upgraded to office 07 and now I can't sync my palm 700p. I'm frozen in time
    actually after a few plugging in and back, it sync by itself. weird...all my contacts are back on my phone.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    you're saying it's now syncing with office 2007 and plain old regular palm sync?
    the contacts on my outlook 2007 transferred to my 700wx
    So now outlook 2007 syncs contacts? Is that through an exchange server, or just a local activesync?
    Quote Originally Posted by hastings01 View Post
    Hey all, hope you had a good New Year.

I'm a long time reader first time poster.

I recently purchased a Treo 700wx and so far I've been VERY happy with it.

I'll keep my question to the point - I cannot get my Outlook 2007 contacts to sync with the contacts on my Treo.

The damn thing will sync my calendar, appointments, etc, with no problems at all - but it never syncs my contacts. I've navigated to the "ActiveSync" program on the Treo and under "Options" it allows you to select what you want to sync. However, the "check box" beside 'Contacts' is greyed out, and it will not let me check it off. (everything else is white and checked)

Any thoughts at all guys, it would seriously save me hours punching in contacts on the Treo using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
    Hope you've solved this by now (early Feb 07) but if not and for anyone else with the same hair-tearing problem, here's the answer: Don't try to sort this in the Treo Options but in ActiveSync Options on the Desktop. I think the Treo just doesn't like syncing too many things at once, so just choose Contacts only. By now you will have synced everything else so many times they won't need updating anyway. One more thing, if in the middle of the 19th hard reset, uninstalling and reinstalling ActiveSync and everything else you can think of, you get a message saying Windows won't recognise your Palm's USB connection because of a malfunction, do not throw the device against the nearest wall. Forget everything you'll read in trouble-shooting guides to this buggiest of bugs, including yet more uninstalls, reinstalls, USB deletions and cleaning the cable connectors. Just put the Treo software disc in the CD drive and choose the ActiveSync install, option Repair. This solved it for me. It's only taken 10 hours. If there were a better smartphone out there I'd have bought it by now!
    Mine works with outlook 2007 on vista without a hitch....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I think the problems still stands with outlook 2007 and the palm version of the 700 (700p)...correct?

Sean
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I'm desperate. I have the older Treo 650 and I lost everything from my Treo. Not just contacts, but calendar, memos and everything else associated with Outlook. We husband installed Microsoft Outlook 2007 on our PC and I saw it wasn't compatible and wasn't updating info. In an attempt to fix this, I installed the latest firmware for my Treo, hoping it would fix the problem. It didn't, and now I lost everything from my Treo. I tried to "zoomback" with Back up Buddy, but I still can't get the contacts, memos, calendar items back on the Treo. At least they are on the PC, but that doesn't help me much. I have spent hours on this. I will have to try re-installing Active Sync as mentioned by an earlier poster. Will have to wait until tomorrow. I hope that helps. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
    Palm release (FINALLY) the update to sync with Outlook 2007.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windo...ml#outlook2007
    doesn't that only supports palm os desktop? anyone know how i can transfer contacts from my outlook express to outlook 2007?