1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if being connected while syncing through Active Sync at work over rides your EVDO connection. I remember back in the old days with my old HP PPC I did not have the ability to surf the internet as a stand alone unit. I noticed once I connect to active sync at work I was able to surf on the unit.

The reason I ask this is that I would like to utilize my Slingbox while my 700w is on the cradle syncing. If it does not use my DATA plan while on the cradle I do not run the risk of high data usage during the day(which would avoid any warnings from Verizon).

There may be a way that I can test this by checking my data usage before slinging while attached to active sync.

I hope this makes sense.
    Yes. When connected via activesync it uses your computers internet connection. You can test it by doing a speed test. You should get 1mbps speeds on the treo.

Be careful. You could get in trouble at work for slowing down the network. Make sure it's alright to stream video on the network.
    You dont even need to use your phone. If you have a non restricted work pc (or condidtions are right not to get in trouble) to the point where you can use a USB keychain or a CD, you can copy just the "sling media" folder from your home pc (mine is 73mb) to it and run the "slingplayer.exe" directly without installing the software. The dll's and everything you need is in that folder. No registry keys or anything else is needed. You may have to change the URL in the direct connection box if your not using the finder ID.

This comes in very handy if you need to watch something on a friends pc and dont want to have to download and install the sling software on their machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sargeslaughter View Post
    You dont even need to use your phone. If you have a non restricted work pc (or condidtions are right not to get in trouble) to the point where you can use a USB keychain or a CD, you can copy just the "sling media" folder from your home pc (mine is 73mb) to it and run the "slingplayer.exe" directly without installing the software. The dll's and everything you need is in that folder. No registry keys or anything else is needed. You may have to change the URL in the direct connection box if your not using the finder ID.

This comes in very handy if you need to watch something on a friends pc and dont want to have to download and install the sling software on their machine.
    Wow. Nice info!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I second that. Excellent post Sarge...

D

Quote Originally Posted by sargeslaughter View Post