Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Apparently, syncing over the Internet to your desktop PC was possible and still possible with 700w iterations from Verizon. My question is, as a Sprint user with a 700wx, is whether or not it is possible to do the same? Obviously a third party solution is needed as Activesync 4.2 doesn't support it.

So, any solutions out there?
    mail2web (for free) or 4smartphone. both of these are hosted exchange servers.

sprint bisness connection is another choice, but you have to leave the pc on all the time.

i use 4 smartphone.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response Cody.

Those two options are certainly viable, but I guess I should have mentioned that I have my own domain and email server (Exchange 2000) running at home. Ideally I would like to sync directly against the Exchange 2000 server, since it is the one machine that is one all the time.

So, knowing all that, is there a different approach I can take?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    www.1and1.com has hosted Exchange service that I use and have had great success for OTA Syncing.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Thanks for the response Cody.

Those two options are certainly viable, but I guess I should have mentioned that I have my own domain and email server (Exchange 2000) running at home. Ideally I would like to sync directly against the Exchange 2000 server, since it is the one machine that is one all the time.

So, knowing all that, is there a different approach I can take?
    The easiest option if you already have an exchange server is to upgrade to 2003. Once you do the migration it is easy to setup the exchange sync.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to investigate these further, but it seems that hosted Exchange service seems rather redundant for the simple reason that I have Exchange at home already (as mentioned in post #3).
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    The easiest option if you already have an exchange server is to upgrade to 2003. Once you do the migration it is easy to setup the exchange sync.
    Agreed. Make sure to update to SP2 so that you have push enabled. I have been running my own server for about two years but am moving to 4smartphone to get out of managing my server. It's easier to pay then to manage it on my own these days (two little ones at home).
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    In order to sync your treo with exchange 2000 you need to find a copy of Microsoft Mobile Information Server.

But in all honesty you should look into upgrading to exchange 2003 with SP2, much better and easier to set up.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Oh yeah and you MUST have a certificate from a trusted CA otherwise your Treo over EAS won't allow the connection. I got one from GoDaddy for ~$30
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Actually, you don't have to have a cert. Just don't use the https. When you get into the cert and all it can get a little hairy.