Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer View Post
    You got one for pre launch testing and it didn't come from Cingular or Palm? It doesn't matter who you work for, it should have ultimately come from them or something would be fishy about that. That's like saying I had a PS3 back in October to play with but I'm not connected in any way to Sony.
    Don't forget Microsoft also has a hand in the 750 too as do other 3rd party application developers like Good etc there are other avenues to get these things other than directly from Palm or Cingular - although they certainly are ultimately involved.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    Don't forget Microsoft also has a hand in the 750 too as do other 3rd party application developers like Good etc there are other avenues to get these things other than directly from Palm or Cingular - although they certainly are ultimately involved.
    Definitely, they are all Palm partners. Those companies would be getting those phones from Palm to assist with pre-launch testing. Our local execs are getting them from Cingular (now AT&T Wireless again).
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    I think it came from Palm via Good, but not sure. I am not too happy right now because they asked for it back last week. I am stalling as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    because out of the three Goodlink works the best, blackberry connect is a joke, and ms activesync is an even worse of a joke

i have all three solutions and goodlink is the best by far, it integrates well and works excellent on these devices...plus folder management and task/notes management is unparalleled with goodlink

i switch in between all three, but usually stay with goodlink
    I have to disagree - my company supports GL (for now - it's going to go away at some point due to everyone going EAS) and I much prefer EAS. No middleware to maintain; no 'other' apps on the device to clunk things up, and I much prefer the native PIM apps. I've never liked how GL puts all their own apps on the device. Just needless overhead to me. And EAS costs nothing. No CALs to buy, no other servers to install or support, etc. Clean. And our Exchange guys much prefer EAS since it doesn't bog down the Exchange server with MAPI calls and such.

I will agree that BBC is a joke. Just a bunch of BS foisted on the public by RIM to appear to be open and accomodating to other devices.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123