Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    what other Today Themes does it come with? Any other apps?
    Clearly this guy works for Cingular or Palm in the Product Management area, I have seen a few of these around our AT&T corp offices in San Antonio but only at the exec level. I work in DSL and get to tinker with new modems and routers that haven't been released yet. Been trying to get my hands on one of these for weeks, guess I can just buy one like everyone else now next week
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Dude that's the nature of the internet - especially forums like this. I actually found the pics helpful. From them, I can see some of the today plug-ins that Palm and Cingular have implemented.

Aside from that it just gives further proof that the device does exist.

Although I find this statement very suspicious considering that the 8525 has HSDPA and the 750 only has UMTS.

I know that -- but it still seems childish. Thats really the only reason. I just want to know when my local contact has one with my name on it for me to pick up. As long as it is less then the $799 these importers are charging I'm happy. Regarding the comment on UMTS vs HSDPA - either one will be better then this EDGE lvl 0 (sure seems like it) mdm on my 650.
    I await a reply on extracting the ROM!

Note: I DID have to get a new SIM card with the 3G logo on the front to use 3G. Not sure which card I had previously, but I've only been a customer for 2 months and the card I was given by the private Cingy store wasn't compatible.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Regarding SIMs... I have been an AT&T customer for years and years and didn't want to switch to a new Cingular SIM, because I would lose my better rates. So I am using my AT&T blue SIM card on my 750v and I am able to get full UMTS whenever I'm in a UMTS market. I have even applied the HSDPA hack and I'm getting crazy 600+ speed.

Looking at the powerpoint presentation on the cingular version of the 750, it looks like there is a new tweak for the voicemail screen where you can fast-forward, rewind, delete, etc from the screen. I don't have that on my 750v and hope it gets in the upcoming Vodaphone update.

Looking forward to all the new users who should start to inundate these forums.

Cheers,
    Sealos
    [QUOTE=sealos;1164118]Regarding SIMs... I have been an AT&T customer for years and years and didn't want to switch to a new Cingular SIM, because I would lose my better rates. So I am using my AT&T blue SIM card on my 750v and I am able to get full UMTS whenever I'm in a UMTS market. I have even applied the HSDPA hack and I'm getting crazy 600+ speed.

Sealos,

Good message. As I have Blue SIM with no intention to change. As long as my blue SIM can go HSPDA then I'll get 750.

Does 750 have Same AC charger as 650?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    I have one also, but Palm has recently asked for it back. I also have an older sim and it works just fine, but it is a 64k one.

As far as the voicemail thing, check your speed dial setup. Mine has an advanced tab at the bottom of each speed dial setup that has the feature for that. It is called "show voice mail buttons", and you put in what ever number you need to press to delete, etc. I have it set up for my work VM, but not my Cingy VM.
    Anybody care to guess when the unlocked version is available ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    Anybody care to guess when the unlocked version is available ?
    Maybe Monday? If not, then probably a few months after.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    im posting you to show you real pictures of a production unit for cingular...i am not releasing how i got it, because even if i did noone most people wont be able to get it

it will be out very soon, i usually get my toys about a week before they are released

if oyu are jealous, then just dont open up any threads about the unit until you get yours
    Thanks for the pics jeepik, I appreciate it and respect your desire for privacy. You already gave us a lot more than you had to!
    because out of the three Goodlink works the best, blackberry connect is a joke, and ms activesync is an even worse of a joke

i have all three solutions and goodlink is the best by far, it integrates well and works excellent on these devices...plus folder management and task/notes management is unparalleled with goodlink

i switch in between all three, but usually stay with goodlink
    What makes Exchange ActiveSync a joke? I have been using it on three devices: Imate JAMin, HTC TyTn and my current device, the HTC P3600 (Trinity). It has worked flawlessly. Push email is fully reliable. Everything in Outlook synchronizes over the air except notes.
    David
    i do not work for palm or for cingular. please do not make an assumptions on my employement..

i posted these pictures purely for informational purposes...simply for people to get ready for this bad boy..as i am sure lots of people are getting anxious...its really close to being released
    then you work in the supply chain for palm or cingular and have violated all kinds of NDAs, get over yourself.
    because out of the three Goodlink works the best, blackberry connect is a joke, and ms activesync is an even worse of a joke

i have all three solutions and goodlink is the best by far, it integrates well and works excellent on these devices...plus folder management and task/notes management is unparalleled with goodlink

i switch in between all three, but usually stay with goodlink
    huh?

We have hundreds of employees at my company now syncing their win. mobile devices with direct push and really dont run into many problems at all. Can you please explain why you feel it a joke?

Goodlink is very resource heavy and really unneccessary in todays Exchange push email world.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    huh?

We have hundreds of employees at my company now syncing their win. mobile devices with direct push and really dont run into many problems at all. Can you please explain why you feel it a joke?

Goodlink is very resource heavy and really unneccessary in todays Exchange push email world.

AMEN!
    David
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    guys there is a goodlink sub-forum if you have any questions on why goodlink is better or why active sync is better

please post a question there

thanks
    Last edited by jeepik; 01/04/2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: goodlink sub-forum
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Congrats jeepik.........is it me or does the cingular branding make the phone look funny and cheap? IMO, maybe i'm just used to seeing the Vodaphone branding.

No offense
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcace View Post
    As far as the voicemail thing, check your speed dial setup. Mine has an advanced tab at the bottom of each speed dial setup that has the feature for that. It is called "show voice mail buttons", and you put in what ever number you need to press to delete, etc. I have it set up for my work VM, but not my Cingy VM.
    WOW... this is GREAT. Thanks for the tip on the voicemail shortcuts. I'm able to now assign my password to a button that I don't use. I know, not secure, but oh well.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer View Post
    then you work in the supply chain for palm or cingular and have violated all kinds of NDAs, get over yourself.
    I have one also, have had it for about a month and a half. I don't work for anyone even related to a cell company. Got it for testing. Don't know how he got his, but I imagine he is in a rather large company.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    huh?

I have used both, and am using EAS right now, but not by choice. I am personally a huge fan of Goodlink. EAS will get there soon enough, but right now, Good is better. The could have called thier company Best if it wasn't already taken. The things I miss about good are:

1. GAL - Yes, you can search on EAS, but good just had it.
    2. Public Folder contacts - Our IT department has a whole PF with our contacts. Can't get it with EAS
    3. Good seems to manage email space better. I have a few large folders that I want to sync. On good, it would just happen. They would delete the bodies from older messages to allow for the new ones. I couldn't even complain in the pre-edge days. Just made sense. EAS has no such storage management. I will fill up and crash your device.
    4. 'Stuck' messages. Get them at least once a week on Pocket Outlook. Used to require a hard reset, but now is starting to take care of itself.

We can't afford good anymore according to my boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcace View Post
    I have one also, have had it for about a month and a half. I don't work for anyone even related to a cell company. Got it for testing. Don't know how he got his, but I imagine he is in a rather large company.
    You got one for pre launch testing and it didn't come from Cingular or Palm? It doesn't matter who you work for, it should have ultimately come from them or something would be fishy about that. That's like saying I had a PS3 back in October to play with but I'm not connected in any way to Sony.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast