1.    #1  
    Thought I was doing ok without a hard reset in about two weeks. Lastnight while fiddling my treo became unresponsive again. Luckilly I've become good at letting SBP run every day...

So I restore to a point about 12 hours ago. Good so far.

For now I've disabled my Exchange Active Sync by putting in a dummy server....because I know that as soon as it goes, I'm going to have duplicate contacts, appointments, and tasks. I don't understand the whole sync relationship thing. It's the same phone as it was 12 hours ago. Why is active sync going to put another copy of everything on my phone?

Should I delete the relationship on the palm and then let activesync go? Or should use PI's delete PIM data? Or Both? Just scarry to delete everything on the phone in hopes that it will reappear from the server....what if deleting everything on the phone causes everything on the server to get zapped????

In a related matter, my notes, favorites, and files are synced to my laptop. But I know from experience that as soon as I hook the two together it will say the Treo has never synced with the laptop. Why???? It's the same damn Treo that it was 12 hours ago. End result is a new name for the treo and a new sync folder on the laptop....Why?

Should I delete the relationship from the PC or from the Treo or both?

I need to get this whole thing down to a 1/2 hour process. As it is now it takes a long time to get things squared away again. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks,

Andrew
    this has happened to me a few times. I don't use it , but sktools has a deal to remove duplicates.

what I do is hardreset before restoring the backup. also when I create a backup with spb I don't backup the pim data. pim data is easy to restore with the exchange.
    My procedure I use whenever restoring a past backup is:
    1) sync pim data to pc
    2) hard reset
    3) restore excluding pim data
    4) sync pim data from pc

I use spb backup
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    My procedure I use whenever restoring a past backup is:
    1) sync pim data to pc
    2) hard reset
    3) restore excluding pim data
    4) sync pim data from pc

I use spb backup
    this is how I do it as well.

1. make sure data is upto date on server.
    2. hard reset
    3 restore backup that doesn't have pim data.
    4. setup exchange info.
    5. sync with server.

for some reason with exchange server. even though I didn't backup pim data and the exchange server were saved, the server doesn't sync right. what I do in delete the exchange account and setup a new one. same settings but it just works better.
  5.    #5  
    Ok. So we're on the same page, except I can't backup my pim data to the pc or the server. Remember, the phone is locked up. I have to hope that active sync has been doing it's job and the stuff on the server is good.

My sbp restore does have pim data, and now it's back on the phone. There is an option in Pockit informant to delete PIM data. I'm just worried that this will somehow delete the good stuff on the server. What should I do first, delete the exchange partnership, or delete the PIM data?

Same question on the PC side. Why does it not recoginze the existing partnership that the restore operation put back on the device?

On hold with PALM support now...a joke.
    I would say hard reset, install spb back, then select to do a custome restore. then you can choose what info you want to restore from what ever backup file.

hope this helps, cody
    Haven't had to restore yet using SPB, but whenever I restored via Sprite, I would either have duplicate emails or duplicate contacts, never both for some reason (strange huh?). So now I just don't backup my emails or contacts via SPB. Only problem is texts and emails are backed up by the same option in SPB. I wish they would split those up in the options. Unless I'm doing something wrong in the first place as far as the duplicates.
    I did a hard reset without backing up. I just would like to get my contacts back but it does not restored them when I synced. I did get the calendar. How do I import my contacts into my treo 700wx. Any ideas for help? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    I did a hard reset without backing up. I just would like to get my contacts back but it does not restored them when I synced. I did get the calendar. How do I import my contacts into my treo 700wx. Any ideas for help? thanks.
    Connect your device to your PC, open Active Sync, tap "Tools" > "options" make sure the "contacts" is checked for the connection. Then syncronize the contacts to your PC.
    Thanks. It worked.